Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

1/10/10 to 15/10/10 :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> I'll be in Aruba...Anybody else?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flower Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys

Trust me there is no offence taken..... I'm a Liverpool girl, it would take more than that to offend me lol!!!

FF xx Wink
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning FF,

Yes, I know it's afternoon already in the UK. Anyway, I thought I'd pass along this suggestion. For restaurant, beach, shopping and activity suggestions, have a look at some of the trip reports.

On this bb you'll find that some of us will write a trip report after we come back from Aruba. They're under the tab "Trip Reports". I think you'll find most of them the right mix of factual information and personal insight/experience. Of course eveything cones down to personal preferences.

I have 2 trip reports listed under 2009, Glenn & Donna at The Mill. One is for Jan. 2009, and the other is actually for Jan. 2010. Try to imagine sitting around the pool bar at The Mill while I tell you about my trip. Now, order yourself a Heineken, sit back and listen!

Take care and have a super day,

Glenn
Flower Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Glenn

Yes Good Afternoon to you

Thanks for the update, I took a look at Amy's report as she stays in the AMBR and thats where I'm staying. It was really informative but I will surely take a look at your report as its great to get different peoples views on the island.

Well its Grand National weekend here and its really busy by my house as I live next to the course.... lets hope the weather stays sunny Smile

Have a great day ☼

FF xx
CGO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wil LOVE the AMBR. I stayed there on our 2nd stay after reading ArubaAmy's trip report. She is the best and gave such great advice. Our 2nd trip to the island was so much better than our 1st. If you have any questions, ask away. This board is so friendly and happy to help. I leave for the AMBR 3 wks from tomorrow. I can't wait! There are so many great restaurants (I have 2 trip reports under 2007 under Carolina and Ken) We picked up groceries at the store, beer, water, fruit, snacks, breakfast food and ate out for most dinners. We are trying a few new restaurants this trip and a few tried and true. If you are on Facebook, be sure to become a fan of the AMBR, they will keep you updated on things going on. Have fun planning, I love that part almost as much as the trip itself!

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina...3 weeks from today for you! And we will be at Amsterdam Manor's beach bar at 5pm holding a couple of bar stools for you! Very Happy

FF - hope you like Amsterdam Manor as much as we do! Very Happy

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
CGO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy: We can not wait. I just emailed with Kat from the Morningstar to go over the menu choices. I printed out all my stuff, Ken ordered a map... I also just realized that our flight gets in around 2, I forgot last trip we had to wait on a couple flying in on USAir from CLT and they were an hr behind us...That said, we should have plenty of time to make the BB Party.....Of course I might have just jinxed my self....Hope not. That should give us time to get our car, get all checked in at AMBR and head to the beach bar. I am really counting down now, 21 days will be here before I know it and 18 for you! Can't wait!!!!

Flower Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hey guys just popped in to say only 94 days to ARRRRRUBBBAAA!!!

FF XX

Excited !!!!!!!!!!!!
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning,

Glad to see you got in touch with us again. As you said, just 94 more days till you are in Aruba.

Are you going anywhere during the summer? Nothing for us. We spent the first three weeks of on the island of Maui in Hawaii. Had a wonderful relaxing time. Now, we're looking forward to Aruba next January.

As I mentioned a few months back, have a look at some of the trip reports for 2010, and 2009. Amy has posted her's for her trip back in May. Corinne's is there too along with mine. Yes, they mispelt Glenn, but you'll know it's me.

Have a great summer FF.

Bye for now.

Glenn
Flower Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Glenn

Its Good Evening here lol!!! guess its morning with you though Smile

Maui is on my list of places to visit...maybe for my 50th...........eeekk!!

No nothing planned for Summer, UK has some great weather at the moment in the 30's. We only take 2 holidays a year one in Feb - Skiing and a long haul hot one at the end of the year.

we have a mini break in July we are going to the Lake District, Cumbria, UK for my nephews wedding so that should be great if this weather keeps up

Yeah will check out the trip reports, they are always interesting and informative.

TTFN Smile

FF xx
Flower Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!! not long to go now....just another 52 days lol!!!

Had a great time at my Nephews wedding in the LAke although some rain

here's a pic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> I'll be in Aruba...Anybody else? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: