Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

1/10/10 to 15/10/10 :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> I'll be in Aruba...Anybody else?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flower Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: 1/10/10 to 15/10/10 :) Reply with quote

Hey Guys... I'm a total Newbie to this site and ARUBA!!!

We will be in Aruba in October and would love to get some hints and tips about this beautiful island.

We are staying in the AMBR, we are not hi-rise sort of people and like the more personal sort of places.......

Hope to speak to you all often and maybe get to meet some of you

FF xx
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome!! Very Happy

We stay at Amsterdam Manor every year and love it there!

There are alot of people on this board who have alot of of information about Aruba...so feel free to ask questions as you get ready for your Oct. trip! Very Happy

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
Flower Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy

Nice to meet you, yeah I noticed you stay there...

I read your last report which was great and quite helpful.

Do you know if the Music Festival is on in October this year as we would love to attend that?....I cant seem to find any information on that.

I cant wait to visit Aruba, we usually go to Barbados but have decided on a change of scenery.

We are going Self Catering so that we can eat around the island... what is the situation with food store etc ?

hope to speak to you more
FF xx
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They haven't announced the performers yet for the Music Festival but I believe the dates will be Oct. 8-9, 2010.

There are a couple of large grocery stores that are about a 5 minute taxi/car ride from Amsterdam Manor. We go there every year because we like to do breakfasts and a few other meals "in" to save a little money. We also buy all of our beverages there (pop, wine, beer, etc.) and use a soft-sided cooler to take beer to the beach since the beach bar prices can burn a hole in your pocket after a few days. But the happy hour prices are good - 2 for 1 drinks from 5pm-6pm every day.

If you're not renting a car, you can take the bus to the grocery store and then take a taxi back. The bus stop is right in front of Amsterdam Manor.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
Flower Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Amy Very Happy

I think that is as much as I found out about the festival too.... hopefully some more information will come to light soon.

We are of the same mind as you... we like to get breakfast items, beer and Wine(most important for a good holiday in the sun) and some evening meal items too... but we do like to go out and eat local foods too.

I already have my cooler ready for the beach.

We will probally hire a jeep for a couple of days to see the island and get the first grocery run in.

I am sooooooooooooo looking forward to it ☼☼☼☼☼ plenty of sunshine.

FFxx
Lil T

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board & congrat's on your upcoming trip to Aruba Very Happy

You will not be disappointed checking out this beautiful Island!

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Flower Fairy,

Great to hear that you've decided to go to Aruba for a holiday. And, welcome to what we modestly think is the friendliest bb anywhere.

You will find lots of information here about beaches, restaurants, activities etc. Even when we disagree with each other (Usually over restaurants) it's fun and good-natured.

Are you a shopper? For those times when you can tear yourselves away from the beach, Aruba offers a tremendous array of jewelry, leather goods, clothes, etc. My wife says (And the proof is in her closet) there is no such thing as too many shoes and handbags.

If there's anything at all you want to know about Aruba, just ask.

Again, welcome, have fun and start counting the days!

Kindest regards,

Glenn
Flower Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lil T & Glenn

Thank you both for the welcome Smile

I'm sure over the coming months I will find a few questions to ask, although Amy has been quite informative with her reports on the AMBR... Thanks Amy Very Happy

I sure like shoes & bags & jewelery and most things really....us Liverpool girls love shopping and my other half can definitely vouch for me. Wink

I am at the buying stage at the moment...every shop I go in i'm like..."ooowwaahh that will do for ARUBA!"...I already have 42 bikini's lol!! Well thats what my better half says Laughing

As you can probably tell i'm really looking forward to coming to Aruba, we have visited other islands but wanted a change.

looking forward togetting to know you all

Fairy Dust *♥*♥*
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FF, Welcome to the board. We love newbies!

Carol Cool
Ricky & Lucy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Lil T says, you can never have enough bikini avatars. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Welcome flower girl. Feel free to post pictures in all 42 of your bikini's Very Happy
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky & Lucy wrote:
As Lil T says, you can never have enough bikini avatars. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Welcome flower girl. Feel free to post pictures in all 42 of your bikini's Very Happy

Oh no you didn't say that!!.... Rolling Eyes

Flower Fairy - Welcome from another Aruba lover! I have been going for nine years now. I stay in the low rise area as well. You will love AMBR - it is quiet and classy!

Flower Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ricky & Lucy and Corrine

Corrine... I'm jealous...I see you have 2 weeks to Aruba...October cant come quick enough for me.

9 years going to Aruba... I get the feeling that this place is a magnet...once you have been you keep returning..

Ricky & Lucy..I wish I had so many....but its all in my husbands imagination Smile

FFxx
Lil T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky & Lucy wrote:

I believe you are putting words in my mouth Laughing Razz Ricky you are a piece of work alright Very Happy

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Flower Fairy,

One question you may be asking yourself, after being on our bb for awhile, and in particular,after reading the posts by Ricky (He says things on here I'd love to say but don't. ) is this: Are the guys on here really this shallow? The answer should be pretty obvious by now! Laughing

Happy Easter and have a great weekend!

Glenn
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys scared FF away. You better do some quick apologies.

Carol Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> I'll be in Aruba...Anybody else? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: