Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Trip Report and Photos posted
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Trip Report and Photos posted Reply with quote

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2014/mike-amy/

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
johntheott
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usual great report, Amy. It looks like you had exciting times! I used to submit TR's on the old 'Prodigy' board but that was many moons ago and I stopped doing 'Exciting Things' a while back. Barely leave the resort now. We have reservations now for the end of October, meeting friends!

Nice you got the upgrade, especially since it was a surprise! That happened to us one time in the year of our 50th anniversary. We usually stay in Vista I at the Divi so when we checked in we wound up in the ocean front room so we could walk out to the beach from the room slider. We just had happened to mention the fact to Lisa!! The Divi has been very good to us over the years!

I know I've mentioned snow before ...I have never seen such snow before in my life!! And that goes back good number of years!

Bon appetit

"A Free Spirit On An Endless Flight"

CHARLES-BROUNS Jr.
Motor RN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great trip report, Amy. I never get tired of reading them and I so enjoy the photos. Have just recently joined the forum, but have been a lurker for years. Getting ready for our 15th trip soon.
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy,

A wonderful trip report. A good read, lots of good info with that personal insight these TR's are supposed to have.

A great mix of photos as well. Beautiful beach shots and you really know how take a great food picture.

It looks and sounds like you and Mike had a super time.

You know I'm not going to close off without a question. Where is Quinta del Carmen and how was it, food-wise?

Reading your TR and seeing the photos; all I can say is October cannot come fast enough!

I don't know when you're heading to Aruba next but we'll be at Aruba Sunset Beach Studios Oct.10-17. You know what you have to do!

Again, great TR Amy.

Bye for now.

Glenn
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, a great trip report. And love the photos too! It looks so inviting after such a long cold winter! As Glenn said, October can't get here fast enough!

Carol Cool
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it was so late getting it posted.

We just got back from a trip to Savannah, GA which has been on my list to see for a long time - beautiful city and architecture and some of the friendliest people, too.

Instead of Aruba in April, we might make another trek to a new city again - so much to see....but we will definitely be back in Aruba this fall (probably Sept. so I'm bummed we will miss seeing Glenn and Carol.)

Glenn - Quinta del Carmen is located just down the road from Super Food (the road going inland, not the main highway next to Super Food.)

Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed the trip report as usual Amy! The Wine Room sounds like fun. Do they do tastings??
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACK look at my timeline !! 38 days!!!
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone,

I can't look at the picture of the Heineken without breaking into a couple of rounds of "Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree". What a thoughtful brewery.

Next up, and this one's for you Amy. Are any of the food photos taken of dishes at Quinta del Carmen? If yes, which ones?

Last thing, it's the 4th of March and as I am writing this to you before I go to work, it is -26 here in Winnipeg. That's in Celsius, don't ask me what it is in English. All I know is it is freakin' cold and Maui (May) and Aruba (October) can't come fast enough!!

Have super day everybody.

Glenn
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glenn - Photos 25 and 26 were taken at Quinta del Carmen - the first one was Carmen's salad and the second one was my tuna entree. Loved the salad but the tuna needed a little something (seemed a little bland for some reason - but the quality of tuna was excellent.)

The "tree" of beer bottles was located in the Super Food parking lot. Cracked me up every time we walked out of the store. Laughing

Corrine - contact Monrick at The Wine Room and let him know your dates and he can tell you what tastings he has going on while you're there. You can also just pop in for a glass of wine on Wednesdays and Thursdays if he doesn't have any tastings scheduled. His tastings are usually on Fridays and Saturdays. We love going there!
http://www.thewineroomaruba.com/#!/splash

The weather is starting to warm up nicely here. We've had very little snow this year so a high of 39 yesterday melted almost everything except for a few patches of snow on the north side of our house. Weather forecast is for 40's this weekend and 52 by Tuesday - I think spring is on its way!

carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Amy~® wrote:
The weather is starting to warm up nicely here. We've had very little snow this year so a high of 39 yesterday melted almost everything except for a few patches of snow on the north side of our house. Weather forecast is for 40's this weekend and 52 by Tuesday - I think spring is on its way!

Looks like the Northeast got all your snow this year. Laughing It's supposed to go up to 48 today and into the 50's by Wed. I am looking forward to the warmup.

Carol Cool
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolrd wrote:
~Amy~® wrote:

Looks like the Northeast got all your snow this year. Laughing It's supposed to go up to 48 today and into the 50's by Wed. I am looking forward to the warmup.

Carol Cool

We are in the 50's all week and 60 by Thursday. There is just a tiny clump of snow on the north side of our house but it should all be gone by the end of today. Cool

Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Amy~® wrote:
Hi Glenn - Photos 25 and 26 were taken at Quinta del Carmen - the first one was Carmen's salad and the second one was my tuna entree. Loved the salad but the tuna needed a little something (seemed a little bland for some reason - but the quality of tuna was excellent.)

The "tree" of beer bottles was located in the Super Food parking lot. Cracked me up every time we walked out of the store. Laughing

Corrine - contact Monrick at The Wine Room and let him know your dates and he can tell you what tastings he has going on while you're there. You can also just pop in for a glass of wine on Wednesdays and Thursdays if he doesn't have any tastings scheduled. His tastings are usually on Fridays and Saturdays. We love going there!
http://www.thewineroomaruba.com/#!/splash

Thank you Amy! I love wine- tasting and it is nice to have something new to do!

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody,

Looks like spring has arrived here too finally. Going through gallons of windshield washer fluid. But, enough of all the local weather stuff; this is, after all, the Aruba part of the Aruba bb.

Amy, I re-read your TR. You didn't ride the trolley this time, did you? Just thought I'd ask.

As for the Heineken Christmas tree; nice to see that Super Foods celebrated Christmas in such a unique, community-minded way.

Corrine, from those of us here on the bb, I think you're next for an Aruba vacation, right?

More later. Got to get ready for work; and it's payday! That just means that I'll have money for 5 minutes. After the bills get paid, we start all over again; and on it goes. Is it pretty much the same for you too?

Have a good one.

Glenn
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No trolley on this past trip. We were only there 7 days this time so it was a very quick trip and had to cram alot of things (including relaxing) into a short amount of time. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: