Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Distinguished Visitors Award

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sasha
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Distinguished Visitors Award Reply with quote

This year will be our 10th year in Aruba. Back in March I contacted our hotel to inquire what we needed to do to receive the Distinguished Visitors Award. I was sent a form to fill out, which we did. I also asked when we would be presented this given that my husband needs to schedule some diving dates. I asked if we could have it done within the first few days of the trip too so that hopefully it would be in the paper while we were still there because we would love to have a copy of the article.

I have been emailing with the front desk manager at the hotel and getting no response on whether or not a date can be set yet. We arrive on Oct. 11th so it's getting close. I emailed twice now over the last two weeks and heard nothing. This week I emailed the assistant manager of the hotel. Still nothing. I am thinking next to email the hotel manager. It's just very discouraging to get no response at all! I realize they work on "island time" but these things are part of their job! We are staying at Manchebo, and we've stayed there all of our past trips, so it's not like they do not know us either. Just very frustrated at this point. Any suggestions?

Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would email the hotel Mgr. I stay at Divi and everything was done within the week. As long as the hotel sets everything up correctly. I do recall the government only doing the awards on certain days thou. Hope this helps!!

~ MeLaNiE~
Sasha
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was thinking they did probably do them on certain days only. That's why I thought the sooner I let them know the better! I will forward my email next to the hotel manager.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Waitihg for your picture Reply with quote

Was in Aruba five weeks waiting for our group Picture, it never showed up.
Good Luck
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely email the hotel mgr. The earlier you get it done in your trip the better chance you have of still being on the island when it comes out in the newspaper.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
ls721

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasha: If you remember, I had the same problem in 2006 - never did get our certificate until the return visit.

It was nice, but just did not mean as much if we would have received it when we were supposed to.

Also, once again, the Manchebo.

Rita blamed Angelo, who is no longer there - he used to work the front desk. Not sure who dropped the ball, but we never saw our picture in the newspaper either.

I would email Edgar - that is what I have been doing lately if I want an answer - he responds usually the same day.

He will sometimes forward the question/issue to Debbie, but he always wants copied to be sure everything is taken care of.
Sasha
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally emailed Edgar yesterday and SURPRISE...today I got an email from Debbie. They have it scheduled for Wednesday, October 16th. Not as early as I would have liked but at least it's scheduled. We leave on Monday, October 21st so I am not sure if it will be in the paper by then. If not I am hoping someone can get me a copy and mail it to me...
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 years ago my fiance got his. We stay for 2 weeks, the picture appeared the day we left. If you give me your name I will look in the papers. We arrive Nov 7. Send me a message with your information, I will be more than happy to keep and eye out and mail it to you should I find it. Very Happy

~ MeLaNiE~
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can watch for it, too. We arrive on Nov. 1st.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
Sasha
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ladies! I will get you my information if we don't see it before we leave the island. Just a few more days!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: