Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Amy, this is where we'll be over the next two weeks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Amy, this is where we'll be over the next two weeks Reply with quote

Hi Amy,

I'm presuming you are mostly packed for Friday's departure; probably a few last things to throw into the suitcase; am I right?

Anyway, this is where I thought we'd all hang out, waiting to read your daily posts.

Think of it as all of us sitting at the beach bar at Amsterdam Manor. Here comes the server with our drinks; Brights for you, Stacy et al and a Heineken for me. Sound good to you?

Have a safe trip; sun, swim, eat, drink, play and most of all have fun! Say hi to your friends for me.

Bon voyage Amy,

Glenn

Very Happy Laughing
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glenn,

I made some good progress on the packing tonight - just laying clothes out next to the suitcase on the bed in the spare bedroom. Have most of my errands done, stocked up on suntan lotion, checking off items on my list....

Bright and early at the airport on Friday for a 5:30am flight. The good news is that my comp Medallion upgrade on Delta was confirmed today so it's first class all the way!

Will definitely bring you along to the beach bar for happy hour!

So far we have reservations for El Gaucho and Passions and we're sailing/snorkeling with the Tranquilo next week.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, have a fantastic trip! Cool

We will all be looking forward to your updates Smile

costumer
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a great trip! Also looking forward to your up-dates.we are excited about our trip on May 5th!..your reports just make us more excited!!!

Susan.
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Amy,

I'm hoping you have at least one mimosa of the MSP-ATL leg of your trip. That's what First Class is all about; well, isn't it?

ATL-AUA? I would think a little champagne with lunch would be in order. They still feed you in the front of the bus, don't they?

I would expect the fridge to be stocked with a few of your favourite survival items to get you started. You know, Brights and maybe a little bubbly.

Have a safe flight Amy, and have a wonderful holiday. Looking forward to being there with you and your friends, if only electronically.

Now, it's 8:00. Bedtime for you young lady. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow.

Bon voyage my friend,

Glenn

Cool Laughing
ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn you crack me up! Laughing Laughing Laughing
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at MSP airport right now waiting to board soon. Still sweating a bit over my connection time since we got hit with a freak April snow yesterday. Hope we get out on time. If/when we do, then I can relax and have a drink.

Glenn - probably no bubbly on the first leg but you can bet I will ask on the second leg. I get breakfast on the first and lunch on the second so at least I'll be well fed to soak up the alcohol. LOL!

BTW, saw the breaking news from Boston at 3am when I was getting ready...wow!

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Amy,

When you read this, you'll likely be in the ATL airport.

It's just after 5:30 CDT so hopefully you're on board. Both Minneapolis and Winnipeg are going through this never-ending winter, so I hope the runways and taxiways were cleared at MSP and that you got away on time.

No mimosas on the first leg of your trip? No, no, that's just not right! First Class usually means no screaming brats and mimosas with breakfast; otherwise you might as well be at the back of the bus with everybody. No mimosas indeed. It's just not right (for emphasis).

I'll check back with you when I get home from work.

Safe flight Amy,

Glenn

Laughing Laughing
ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe flight Very Happy
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to de-ice the plane at MSP so that made us late. Got into ATL and I sprinted to the tram and sprinted to my gate which had to be the last one on the concourse. Nothing makes your stomach ache more when you arrive at your gate and there is no one there except the gate agents making the final boarding call. I JUST made it. And there were still a few others behind me. I got to my seat, flight attendant asked if I wanted champagne before we took off and I could have kissed her. She had a glass in my hand and I was a happy camper.

Got my car at Payless (quick and easy) but the traffic downtown took 20 minutes from before the Ren to the Valero - ugh. Got to Amsterdam Manor and the room wasn't ready so I went to the beach bar for a Bright. I am now in my usual room (Suite 2) unpacking, drinking a comp rum punch, and wondering if I have enough energy to hit the grocery store. I am sooooo tired....but soooo happy to be "home". Cool

dutchdushi
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sure sounds like a close call. But they rewarded you with bubbly and you are there now. Have a great time. Will keep up with your postings, it will get me through the next 10 days or so. And then....off to Aruba myself. Now get some rest, a good glass of wine and go to bed early. Tomorrow your real holiday starts.
ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked YIKES Shocked Glad you made it! Cool
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you made it safely! Time to de-stress!

Carol Cool
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy,

Glad you made your connection in ATL (close call though) and that you arrived safe and sound in Aruba.

If you're reading this now, as in on Friday night, you shouldn't be; especially after the long day you've had. Hopefully you're reading this over your morning coffee, just before you head off on your morning beach walk.

When do your friends arrive, or are they already there.

Have a great Saturday in Aruba Amy! Very Happy

Glenn Cool
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to admit it but I'm still awake. I was going to do an early dinner and then to sleep but a friend called and wanted to get together for drinks after dinner. With all the restaurants out there I was too tired to make a decision (or drive anywhere) so had room service from Mango's while I watched the Boston drama unfold on CNN. Then went for drinks at Passions bar across the streetwith a friend and listened to some great Latin music (wedding party with a live band) for a couple of hours. Always great catching up with friends.

Tomorrow, the girls arrive around 1pm so I'd better get some sleep tonight. I told a friend who is arriving on a cruise ship tomorrow (and is a regular Aruba visitor) to meet me on the beach early morning and I'll make her a mimosa! No rest for the weary! LOL!

Goodnight, my friends! See you in the morning for a beach walk! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: