Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Amy, this is where we'll be over the next two weeks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
costumer
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you heard anything about the restauant Zuzoroh? It is behind La Quinta I think.Italian/Greek cuisine.
we may try it in a couple of weeks.

Susan.
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, have heard a lot of good things about it. I would like to try it myself but my dinners are numbered now so don't think I'll get there.

I was without internet service for a 1/2 day....major withdrawals! LOL!!

Had dinner last night at Tulip because the F&B mgr told me they got a nice wahoo yesterday. It was excellent! Grilled wahoo with a little caper/lemon sauce....I was in heaven!

After dinner I stopped at Screaming Eagle to visit some friends and have a nightcap. On my way home....got a flat tire. Luckily I was close to the hotel so was able to get the car in the parking lot. I called Hector at Payless this morning and they're sending someone over today with a spare key to change the tire for me. It sounded funny from the day I picked up the car so it wasn't a big surprise when it happened last night.

Okay...headed back to the beach now....

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
costumer
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,Amy. It is on our list to to try. Have a good day..the beach and Brights are calling!

Susan.
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A gorgeous beach day....I just read and lounged, had a Bright, little lunch and chatted with some other Amsterdam Manor regulars who come every year in April.

Just walked out to the parking lot to look at my car and it looks like I have 4 INFLATED tires again so I am good to go. It was nice that they came here and changed it and I didn't have to do anything, wait for them, etc.

Dinner tonight with my 2 favorite fools at 2 Fools and a Bull. I've been trying to eat light today because I know tonight will be a feeding frenzy with all of the courses. Will be interesting to be there alone...probably me and 7 other COUPLES. LOL!!

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy,

Sounds like your continuing to have a great time. Love to hear about your dinner at 2 Fools and a Bull. I'm guessing the entree was fish or seafood.

Is Amadeus a possibility or are you going to take a pass on it this trip?

I hope you have a couple of relaxing days before you have to return home. Lots of sun, beach, Brights, and Bingos are really what you need between now and Tuesday.

Last thing Amy, if you're out driving around in the next couple of days maybe head to Sunset beach. When Donna and I go in October, we'll be staying at Sunset Beach Studios; a small place across the street from the beach. I think it only has 20 units or less.

Have a great beach day tomorrow.

Bye for now,

Glenn
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Glenn - haven't driven that way yet on this trip but if/when I do, I will keep my eyes peeled and take a look for you.

Amadeus is on the list of things to do - can't leave here without saying hi to Thomas and having some wonderful goulash soup!

I was just out on the beach for a morning stroll when I heard a car alarm go off. Had to chuckle to myself because the other night when my friends were still here and we were getting back to the hotel at 2am we noticed a car in the hotel parking lot that had it's rear lights on. We weren't sure what to do and thought it was odd that just the tail lights were on but not the front. So my friend Kim decides to try the passenger door - it was unlocked and as soon as she opened it...the car alarm went off. Talk about walking up the neighborhood. LOL!!!

Last niight I had a glass of bubbly on the balcony and then went to 2 Fools and a Bull for dinner at 7pm. It really was me and 7 couples for dinner. LOL!! We had a great time though and had fun mingling and eating all of the courses they brought out. The food was excellent - everything from a ravioli stuffed with shrimp to pork with truffle sauce...I was stuffed when I left there. Sat outside after dinner with the 2 Fools and another couple and had a nightcap....then one last nightcap at Bingo to see Mike and Franz. Another night of being home late and being up early....I need to get some sleep today. LOL!!!

I could tell that it must have rain/sprinkled last night because the balcony was damp again this morning. I think that's happened about 3 times or so on this trip. Definitely don't mind a little rain as long as it's happening while you sleep. Smile

A few dark clouds have popped up this morning while I was walking but they seem to be blowing over. Just going to grab a little breakfast and head back to the beach. Tonight is dinner with a friend at Pago Pago (Westin.)

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention my little friend who I have dubbed "noisy bird". He/she is perched on my bedroom window every morning and without fail starts chirping at 6:30am and doesn't stop for about 30 minutes. It was cute at first but now I feel like I have an alarm clock. Alarm clocks on vacation are no good. LOL! But it's funny, I hear the chirping, roll over and look at the clock and it's always about 6:30am. Guess he's telling me not to waste vacation time sleeping. LOL!

I also got a photo of my first wild parrot a couple of days ago. Was in the parking lot at the hotel, heard the squawking and looked up to see him in the palm tree. Got a couple of decent photos before he flew away.

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new "roommate". Over the last week we saw a little tiny gecko (maybe a couple of inches) that liked to run on the dining room table and overtop my keyboard. Stacy finally put him outside before they left and he did not want to go. Well, he's back. He seems to love my Netbook keyboard. LOL! As long as I don't see him in the toaster like a few years ago, we can co-exist just fine in the room. Laughing

Another new thing I saw today - there was an ice cream truck parked beside the beach at Amsterdam Manor. First time I ever saw an ice cream truck in Aruba!

costumer
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any goat sightings this year ?

Susan.
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about the goat on the beach the other day. Laughing Haven't seen him but he usually came to the beach on Sundays with his owners so I'll have to keep my eyes peeled tomorrow.

Getting ready for dinner....glass of wine on the balcony at sunset and then to Pago Pago with a good friend for dinner.

carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are going to need a vaction when you get back. Laughing

Carol Cool
khoever

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy,
Now that you tried 2 Fools and a Bull and I believe you also tried Carte Blanch which one gets the "edge"? We tried Carte Blanch back in March and that was an outstanding dining experience.
Ken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken - that's a tough call! I've been to both a few times now and love them both. And of course, the food is different every time at each one, too. I would give a SLIGHT edge to Carte Blanche for food and I would give a SLIGHT edge to 2 Fools for a fun, dinner party-ish atmosphere where you get a chance to meet your fellow diners before and during dinner. If you have a fun group it can get to be alot of fun by the end of the evening.

Had a great dinner at Pago Pago last night and it was nice catching up with a friend. We both had the seared ahi tuna over soba noodles for dinner - one of my favorites there. Then it was off to Bingo to see Mike and Franz for one last drink and a goodbye because I probably won't see them again before I leave. Had a nice night - 3rd time I've closed down Bingo now...I get to sit and drink wine as they close up for the night, set the alarms, etc. Was home late and up early again because of that pesky bird. There might be one less bird on the island before I leave if he keeps this up. LOL!!!

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Amy,

Glad to hear you had a lovely dinner at Pago Pago last night, and also that had a great end to your evening at Bingo.

Okay; this thing between you and the local fauna; goats, geckos and birds. Amy, they like you. If they ever do an Aruban re-make of Dr. Dolittle, (you know, "If I could talk to the animals"), you'll be a shew-in for the title role.

Kind of disappointed you haven't mentioned any iguanas. They're going feel left out!

Have a great beach day.

Glenn
costumer
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy,
Do you know what the cab fare from the airport to the low-rise is? We will be at the manchebo as usual!
Susan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: