Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Dinner Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Dinner Help Reply with quote

Hi, all! We had planned to go to the Screaming Eagle on the Saturday night we are in Aruba for our Anniversary dinner. I just got word that they will be closed that night. I was thinking Papiamento? Any other suggestions? We have a reservation already at Barefoot. Or is Screaming Eagle so good, that I should switch the reservations??
Any ideas would be great!

ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just switch the two reservations. We enjoyed both Barefoot and Screaming Eagle.
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArubaLisa wrote:
I would just switch the two reservations. We enjoyed both Barefoot and Screaming Eagle.

I agree. I would switch them. Screaming Eagle is one of our favorites - it was my choice for my birthday dinner last Sept.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! You guys should know!
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done! Thank you Lisa and Amy!
JohnT
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are talking about anniversary celebrations, I will mention that we are planning our 25th in Aruba in September. We believe right now that there will be 12 of us who will join us for a renewal ceremony on the beach at sunset...children, grandchildren, spouses and friends.
My wife was a widow with two teens when we married. My wife still calls me St. John...for taking on two teens at age 42 (my first marriage). I love her for that alone!

The teens are now 42 and 40! So you know we've been retired 10 years in Florida!

Thanks, Amy, for putting us on to Ceremonies and Celebrations! They have been very helpful for our simple ceremony.

I hope it is not too stupid to mention again that we spent our honeymoon in Aruba in 1988, bought a timeshare and we have now spent every anniversary in Aruba...well, we are now up to 3 weeks to insure that every anniversary is spent in Aruba. With some extra trips, I think we are up to #29.

The glamour of dining on the beach is long passed. We are at CDM and thinking about trooping the group over to Manchebo. Other possibilities included Windows on Aruba, but that involves getting a party of 12 over there. While we like Matthew's, right now I think we'll just move over to the French Steakhouse...I think we can satisfy vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.

That's our story. Hope it gives some people the fortitude to stick in there. We have done that in dealing with good times and bad...our parents, the "kids", our siblings and more. We have survived 25 years with some degree of style...and WE ARE HAPPY...as best as we are able. Looking forward to the September celebration.

If you are there in late September, I'll pass on the date and time. I think we would like to have some extra people to witness the renewal. Ceremonies & Celebrations people report they would like to get some local newspaper coverage. I assure you that we are not "newshogs". Sorry, we will not invite you to dinner afterwards, wherever.

Thanks for letting me repeat our story. I don't think I will repeat it elsewhere...on the 1 or 2 other bulletin boards where I sometimes post a response,

Lastly, Happy Easter to those who celebrate this season, With today's weather as a guide, it may be chilly on March 31, but OK. No one expected for this celebration, but our church is planning on a beach mass at 7:30 AM and near the beach (same general location) at 9:00 AM.

Happy Easter! Happy Anniversary!

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we were going to be there at our usual time in Sept. to attend the your vow renewal. We would have definitely been there!

This will be the first year since 2001 that we won't be in Aruba during the month of Sept. (went to Paris that year for our 5 yr wedding anniversary.) But I have a big birthday to celebrate this year (and our wedding anniversary) so we have rented an apartment with a terrace overlooking the canals and will be spending 11 days in Venice, Italy.

John - glad that Ceremonies and Celebrations were able to help! Very Happy

A Happy Easter to everyone as well!

kent
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know. Last week I took some friends of mine to yemanjie and they said it was their best meals on the Island and they have been there a long time. You may want to consider it some other time.

If you want to go on the #1 tour on Aruba, according to trip advisor!

June 2015 will be trip 47 and Nov 2015 will be 48 trips to Paradise!

Snorkeling at Mangel Halto, day or night, using "bladefish water scooters", reasonable pricing, all equip provided and transport from your resort. Also free pics.Email Kent Gerber at kentgerber@adamswells.com or Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call local: 745-7459 or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kent wrote:
Just to let you know. Last week I took some friends of mine to yemanjie and they said it was their best meals on the Island and they have been there a long time. You may want to consider it some other time.

We also like Yemanja but the last couple of times we were there we had some service issues (and we are not overly picky.) Food was great though but not quite ready to go back yet for awhile...maybe next year.

Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John- Happy 25th! I enjoyed your post, and bless you for having a group of 12! I am looking forward to a group of two, to be honest! Smile
This will be our 35th-- I can't believe it! We were married very young. I can't think of a better way to spend it than dinner on the beach in Aruba!

Except Venice in an apartment!! Wink

ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

St. John, what a wonderful story! Very Happy

Congratulation on your upcoming anniversary, it sounds like you will have a wonderful time.

Happy Easter to all.

JohnT
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all.
We have survived...and we hope to continue for more years.
In our 25 years, we have dealt with 3 parents (my Dad passed in the 70's). We also helped my wife's first mother-in-law. If you remember, my wife was a widow and they had supported his mother for a handful of years. No regrets! I still remember Stella fondly.
The 40-something kids have stuck with us. All I ever wanted as a step-parent is that they NOT disrespect their mother. I could not tolerate mean behavior towards her. Happy to say they will join us (with grandchildren) for #25.
Corrine, best wishes for #35! Two for your celebration is still great.
My brother and wife have never been to Aruba...newly retired. They wanted to come.
One of the "kids" came in 1991...ancient history. For him, there is a fiancée who will come now in 2013. For the other kid, there is a husband of 19 years (son-in-law). We call HIM a saint. The two grandchildren will be 13 and almost 16 when they all come for a few days in September.
We have 2 neighbors who came with us in 2011 and 2012. They have 2 daughters, but his story to his children was something like this "If you don't behave, I'm going to Aruba." We're not sure where he got this, but they never made it Aruba until 2011. Based on their 2 years with us, they love it. Now they have decided to rent a condo and join us for the celebration. Another Aruba success story.
Thanks for the well wishes. Sorry, Amy, that you and Mike will not be September people in 2013! Enjoy your special birthday!
Thanks, ArubaLisa for your "St. John" response. I/we have just tried to honor our commitment to each other...and those who were important to us. Sandy has done and continues to do more than her share of keeping us going in the right direction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: