Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Divi Phoenix...10/19 - 11/04
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorer21
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat 11/2...OK, so I'm trying not to let it get me down but every so often it hits me that it's almost over. Man, I love this place. After a beautiful sunny morning it turned to more clouds by afternoon. We walked up to Bugaloe Bar for lunch. Wife had a hot dog and I, a burger. Don't usually rave too much about lunch but her hot dog was plump and juicy and my burger, hand patted and tasty. Both on very fresh buns. Anyway, went back to the beach and got all pruned up until 3:30 the went up to see the beginning of the ND game. The Blue Angels were doing a flyover during the National Anthem. My son's best friend all through school is the pilot of #3 plane. What a fantastic kid who was practically our second child growing up. Unfortunately, they didn't carry the game on out TV. Back to the beach for a long afternoon since we didn't have resv at Daniels Steakhouse till 7:30. We were very nicely greeted and seated right away. My wife had a 10oz Filet that of course I had to help her eat. Also, had the 4 cheese risotto(I ate most of it). SIL had some kind of fish that I never heard of. I thought it was too fishy but she liked it a lot. The "other couple" split a 10oz Filet along with Lobster Bisque, and wedge salad, that they enjoyed very much. My BIL and I switched it up tonight. He had a 6oz Filet with dry baked potato and I had the special garlic roasted 1/2 chicken with truffle mashed potatoes. I'm a sucker for garlic. My chicken was very good although didn't seem like enough meat on the bones. That's ok because I ate half of my wife's meal. We always enjoy our meal there and will continue to go back at least once a year. Went over and walked around the Palm Beach Plaza for a bit then called it a night. Last day of sun tomorrow so we need to get up early and soak it in. Happy Sunday, God Bless! Good night!
explorer21
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11/3...Last full day on My Happy Island. Got up early as to savor every last second. Got to the beach at 9 to overcast skies with occasional sun. When the sun breaks through it is very hot since there isn't much air moving. We enjoyed out dogs and burgers so much yesterday at Bugaloe we decided on another. Of course, you think it'll never be as good as the first, but it was! One of the best parts about lunch was finally getting to meet the famous Aruba Amy and husband Mike. Saw her sitting at the bar enjoying her Brights and couldn't pass up the opportunity to introduce myself. What a delightful couple! I could have spent hours talking to them but didn't want to impose too much. Plus my burger was served. Sorry Amy, my Aruba food comes first. ha! Walking back to the Phoenix we talked about how much were love our beach because they were packed in like sardines in front of the Riu and Westin. Stayed at the beach until 6, saying our goodbyes and crying over our last peaceful dusk on the water for the year. Had our last dinner at Windows. Can't believe after all the times we've eaten at Mulligans and even stayed at the Divi Golf, this is the first time we've eaten there. Beautiful, well run place. My wife got a filet that was a little overcooked but had a great taste. Started it off with a great Cauliflower soup. SIL also had the soup and Sea Bass which was great. The "other couple" split a salad, Lobster Bisque, and the Sea Bass. Loved it. Perdue and I both had the chicken(his plain of course). Very tender and moist and served with linguine in truffle cream sauce(his no sauce). Also a very good dish. I did start with a bowl of the Parmesan soup which was fantastic. Almost as good as the Truffle Potato soup at Screaming Eagle. Ended with a bunch of very good desserts. We will definitely put this on our list for a special meal. Went home after dinner to start our packing so everything isn't such a rush tomorrow. Flight isn't until 3:35 but hate to do things last minute. DW may have to drag me out of Linda's tomorrow. Ok, off to bed to cry myself to sleep. Hope your week goes fast and the next 50 weeks go fast for me. Good night!
ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for sharing your entire trip with us.

Sorry you have to go home. Start planning that next trip!

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was so great to meet you and your wife yesterday! Very Happy Loved reading your daily trip reports....I think we will have to hit Linda's tomorrow for breakfast since you've made me hungry for it every day! Laughing

Enjoy your last morning on the beach and have a safe flight today. And start planning for next year's trip! Cool

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
explorer21
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mon 11/4...BooHoo I am typing this at home. We got up to a beautiful morning which made it even harder to accept the fact we are going home. Of course, I had to make my last trip to Linda's. How does this sound, Bananas, Walnuts, Whipped Cream, and added on Almonds and Strawberries. Oh so good! When we were done, Nina told me it was on the house since I was such a loyal customer. So nice of her, I love that place! We went back to the beach to sit for a while and then say goodbye to friends we've met through the years and also the great people employed by Divi. Got our showers and started to make our way towards the airport. We stopped at Mulligans for a quick bite before leaving the island. My wife loves their grouper sandwiches and course Perdue feels their chicken sandwiches are the best. I love the pizza(yes a huge dutch pancake at 8 and a pizza at 12). I made sure I had a major gut bomb getting on the plane. Traffic going through town was jammed but we got to the airport and dropped the car off with Hans(what a great person to deal with!) at 1:20. We were checked in and through security and customs by 2:20. We had a 3:35 flight that was on time, actually, both of our flights went well and walked into our cold house in Hershey, PA at 10:00. I love my home but I'm not happy to be here. What a wonderful vacation we had! It was fun sharing it with you and I greatly appreciate your kinds words. I will be on the boards everyday and look forward to writing again next year. Only 347 days to go! Thanks Again!!! Everyone enjoy Your Happy Island!
dutchdushi
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the heaven above Aruba cried about 30 minutes today because you were not longer there. And I guess Linda's closed for a holiday now to burn all the money you left there..... Thank you for your reports. I lovedthem!
explorer21
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guarantee there were more tears in my house. Tomorrow will be my day of withdrawal from Lindas. Thanks for your thoughts!
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the daily reports, too! And yes, Aruba opened up her skies and cried for you a bit today as well.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on Aruba withdrawal (home 2 1/2 weeks now), so I loved reading your daily reports. Thanks for sharing.

Carol Cool
explorer21
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wed 11/6...Sooo, I opened my eyes at the first sign of dawn and rolled over to look out my sliding glass door to see the beautiful blue waters of Aruba.(Real life-Buzzer went off at 5:15, rolled over hit the snooze). Jumped out of bed, brushed my teeth, sat on the balcony with my lovely wife counting down the minutes to head over to Linda's.(Real life-Slithered out of bed, showered, brushed teeth, sat by myself at my breakfast nook). Nina served up my bananas, walnuts, strawberries, whipped cream dutch pancake.(Got myself a bowl of Pecan Special K). Back to the beach, parked my butt on my pimped out chair, listened to the waves and fed the sparrows and doves.(RL-Back to UPS, drove my ugly brown truck delivering packages all around Hershey and hit a pigeon). Got back to the room, took in a beautiful sunset, had a delicious filet mignon at Madame Janette's, back to the room and watched the Red Sox win the World Series.(RL-Still delivering packages after dark, stopped and grabbed a cheesesteak, had Perdue over and fed him the pigeon(I told him it was chicken), watched a rerun of the Red Sox winning the World Series). Oh man, I miss Aruba!!!

"And that's all I have to say about that"...Forrest Gump
topmom101

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reviews. Really enjoyed it.
who's alice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report, made sure hubby read all the restaurant reviews because he's the one with list where he wants to go every year, always a few regulars and some new.
Especially enjoyed the 11-6 review FUNNY
How did Perdue like the pigeon---I mean chicken Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: