Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

So Confused..Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CGO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I am with everyone else here....You need to get those plane tickets booked! We stayed at the Marriott our first trip...It is safe. That said, we would never stay there again, but that is just us. We fell in love with Aruba, just not the Marriott. There is plenty to do in the Palm Beach area...we are just Low Rise people and love the Amsterdam Manor. I can't imagine staying anywhere else now.

There are SO many wonderful restaurants in Aruba, no worries there. You might enjoy the swim up bar...the first time...it really loses its luster quickly. I would say go to a place with one, bring some cash, enjoy it and move on. It really is not that big of a deal. I would much rather sit under a Palapa (not on top of each other) and enjoy a drink than sit a swim up bar...but again, to each his own. I think you will see, the novelty wears off.

Coolers are a must, as you have heard. Going to Aruba is not going to the Congo...they have everything you could possibly need at the grocery stores or pharmacy. Bring tons of sunscreen, more than you ever think you could use and leave half your clothes at home...you will not end up wearing them. It is so windy that fussy clothes and hairdos just don't work. Comfortable sun dress with sandals for ladies and dress shorts and nice button down top for men is dressy enough for almost anywhere. I always bring a cardigan or wrap as the wind at night can be chilly.

Bottom Line: You will love Aruba, go have fun, check it all out....as anyone can tell you, this will be your first of many, many trips.

All the best!

Dennis
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone here is a big help. We booked the flight, and looked at the seating chart and the planes to Aruba and back seating were almost booked. We might not be seated together because we are late in the bookings.

Even the room at the Marriott does not guarantee, a king bed or non-smoking rooms.

In essence, I've should have booked even earlier!

Thank you all and we are looking forward to this trip.

As for crowds, they never bothered me. I'm not one for sitting and sunning. I could spend the day in the water, or the pool.

Since it is only a week, I'll spend time exploring Aruba, DePalm Island a day, snorkeling at several locations, the party bus, and whatever presents itself to be exciting.

Thanks a bunch.
Dennis & Cathy

CGO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis: Just to take a minute and not really sure how to explain this....sunning in Aruba is not what it would be in other places. I am trying to put this into words.....you will find many spend more time under the palapa instead of out in the sun...so not really getting too much sun....the sun is SO much stronger than any I have ever been exposed to, so be careful, but what I am trying to explain, many know the feeling, it is what Aruba is all about....
It is sitting under the palapa....the constant 20 mph breeze blowing so that even though it is really hot out, you never feel hot....you have a cool drink within your reach (preferably a mojito or pina colada) and you are staring at the tranquil water a color your eyes have never seen before and believed the photos had all been photo-shopped. You just sit there an feel the most relaxed you have ever felt. That is the only way I can put it into words....so you might be surprised that you spend more time on the beach "sunning" than you anticipated. Just know, this won't be your last trip to Aruba, so don't try to "squeeze" everything in...there is always your next trip....take time to relax and enjoy.

Dennis
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina,

We have a Pocono Mountain home, and yes, I got burned several times. I know we got to be careful. These posts here and elsewhere made that clear.

Do they have coconuts in Aruba for a real Pina Colada in a coconut shell?

This trip will be a high rise, next trip will be a low-rise housing.

Thanks again, Dennis

CGO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis:

I have never had a pina colada in a coconut shell in Aruba....I have heard at a few of the public beaches that there are people cutting down fresh coconuts so you can enjoy the milk. That might be fun to do.

On that note about drinks, especially frozen...I remember thinking the drinks came in small glasses....and the beers in small bottles....there is a reason for this....it is very hot in Aruba and drinks get hot and the frozen ones melt....especially when you are at a happy hour and they have 2 for 1 deals....you will learn to appreciate why they come in smaller glasses. Just a good thing to know about ahead of time. Enjoy your pina coladas....one in each hand!

carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis wrote:
Carolina,

We have a Pocono Mountain home, and yes, I got burned several times. I know we got to be careful. These posts here and elsewhere made that clear.

Love the Poconos, been going there for many years

Carol Cool
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolrd wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Carolina,

Love the Poconos, been going there for many years

Carol Cool

I spent every summer vacation as a kid in the Poconos!

kent
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the dates you will be in Aruba? You will LOVE the Marriott. For snorkeling, check out:
arubabobsnorkeling.com

If you want to go on the #1 tour on Aruba, according to trip advisor!

June 2015 will be trip 47 and Nov 2015 will be 48 trips to Paradise!

Snorkeling at Mangel Halto, day or night, using "bladefish water scooters", reasonable pricing, all equip provided and transport from your resort. Also free pics.Email Kent Gerber at kentgerber@adamswells.com or Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call local: 745-7459 or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com
Dennis
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your web page Aruba Bob Snorkeling.

We will be there Dec 7th, 2012.

Dennis
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to snorkeling with Aruba Bob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: