Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Safe travels Amy...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Safe travels Amy... Reply with quote

Have a great time in our favorite place!!!!

Carol Cool
MaryL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a wonderful time in Aruba Amy and hope the weather is great!
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy,

I echo Mary's and Carol's good wishes for your vacation.

Safe travels Amy and have fun! Laughing

Glenn
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got in on time yesterday and we were in our room, unpacked, and enjoying a couple of Amstel Brights on the balcony by 4:30pm.

Getting ready for the bulletin board party right now but will write more later...... Cool

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
JohnT
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Amy~® wrote:
We got in on time yesterday and we were in our room, unpacked, and enjoying a couple of Amstel Brights on the balcony by 4:30pm.

Getting ready for the bulletin board party right now but will write more later...... Cool

I'm already envious. 10 days to go!

johntheott
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be at the Divi the last week in October. Jeez, where did the summer go! The older I get, the faster the time goes by!!

"A Free Spirit On An Endless Flight"

CHARLES-BROUNS Jr.
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Life has been great the past few days. We are enjoying great weather, morning walks on the beach, read a few books, great food.....

We saw a stingray in the water early Monday morning and walked a good part of the beach with him since he was just a foot or so from shore. I have photos posted on Facebook. First time we've ever seen one of those here.

Water has been nice and calm and clear in front of Amsterdam Manor.

Made a trek to the Bugaloe for lunch one day and could see some cute puffer fish at the end of the pier. You have to go early though to see the fish before all of the boats start coming in. Had a drink up at the lighthouse mid-day - great time to go because we had the bar and the view to ourselves.

We toured Villa Royale one evening. Beautiful 8 bedroom, 11 bath house that you can rent. And last night visited some friends who got an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on the top floor at the Ritz - wow, what a room and huge wrap around balconies off of every room - and the service at the Ritz was amazing (we used their private club upstairs for a drink.) I could just move in there....LOL!

The island has been quiet which is typical for Sept. So quiet that we popped into Wacky Wahoo last night for dinner around 9:15pm and had no problem getting a table without a reservation.

Today we're going on the Tranquilo with 4 friends. Looks like it should be a good sailing and snorkeling day. So far, the parking meters/stations downtown have not been installed yet. I think they're waiting until after the Electric Festival (Sept. 3-6) is over to install them.

We have more friends arriving on Monday and we have a few celebrations coming up in the next few days.

Off for my morning beach walk and then downtown to catch the Tranquilo...... Cool

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Amy,

Great to hear you are having a wonderful time in Aruba.

As I have said in the past; even with all of the changes which have taken place there over the years, all the things which make Aruba Aruba; the sun, the beach, the people, the friends you meet, and just the whole atmosphere of feeling safe and welcomed are there in abundance.

Yes, the view from the lighthouse is pretty spectacular. One our favourite places for lunch over the years.

When you are driving back from the lighthouse and about a mile or so from there, there is a large house next to the road on the left-hand side with an infinity pool. I think you know the one. That is my "if I ever won the lottery" house in Aruba. Actually, I think it is for rent.

Sorry Amy but I haven't paid attention that much over the summer; so where are the parking meters going to be? Just add it to the list of changes.

It's early Saturday morning here in Winnipeg as I close off this post. I imagine you're either heading out on your morning beach walk or getting back.

Enjoy the rest of your Aruba vacation.

Glenn
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Sitting on the beach with a Bright in my hand as type this ...

Weather continues to be perfect.

One of our favorite dinners this year so far was Zuzuroh. Great food and wonderful owners.

My birthday celebration started with a full breakfast and a bottle of champagne delivered to the balcony and then later on a birthday cake, too. Yesterday was our wedding anniversary - after a trip to Philips Animal Garden and the weekly bulletin board party we had a nice romantic dinner at Passions.

carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time!! (except for the idiot man LOL)
Happy Belated Birthday and Anniversary!!!

Carol Cool
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parking pay stations downtown go into effect tomorrow.

Unfortunately I've seen too many people take starfish out of the water this week and watch them die on their chairs. They need to put them back.

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were drinking mimosas on the beach this morning under our palapa and were able to witness a number of Baptisms near " the tree" at the end of Amsterdam Manor's beach. Large church group - lots of singing and clapping. There have been a lot of "firsts" on this trip starting with Mr. Stingray in the water on Day One. Cool

Last full beach day today.......has been a great 15 days.

johntheott
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy, you may want to rethink the starfish thing. Around here, Cape Cod, they are serious predators. They raise H*** with clam and oyster beds. They wrap their arms around a clam and try to pull it open. After a bit, the clam will tire and open slightly. That's enough for the starfish. It will invert its stomach and digest the clam in situ!

Originally, fishermen would cut up the starfish and throw them back. Unfortunately, each piece of the starfish would regenerate into a new one so they were only increasing the problem. They found the only dependable way to kill them was to beach them and let them dry in the sun.

So, don't feel sorry for the starfish, they're better equipped to survive than we are!! I'd dearly love to grow a new set of knees!!

"A Free Spirit On An Endless Flight"

CHARLES-BROUNS Jr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: