Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Too quiet here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was packed Carol! They are doing something right.
Sad that the skyline is half-dark now!

JohnT
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a culprit (about being quiet here):

Retired about 11-12 years, I decided to accept an offer to work 20 hours per week. I was already volunteering there 10-12 hours a week. At that time, the difference seemed negligible...until I have to be there 8 AM two days per week (half-time another day).

It is mostly a volunteer organization. I was doing computer work for my 10-12 hours when they said they could pay me. Well, it hasn't changed my tax bracket (thankfully). On my side, it is NO BENEFITS, just let them know when I will be away...think I will be away 10-11 weeks in 2015.

At the same time, I am enjoying my 'mad' money..a new recliner chair, new TV, a Caribbean cruise in February etc.

We're not rich, just enjoying retired life...with a little extra income in 2014.

That's my story...probably more than you want to know.

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new job, John! Sounds like you are definitely enjoying retirement! Very Happy

We've been traveling to and fro, doing long weekend trips here and there to some places in the U.S. that we had never been before (seems like we got stuck doing the usual/favorite cities of Seattle, SanFran, Phoenix, Miami, and NYC.)

We took a trip to Savannah and LOVED it there. Beautiful homes and architecture everywhere. Charleston is next on the list. Also going to make a quick run to Ft. Myers to visit my sister for a few days (they have a second home in Ft. Myers.) Not sure about a summer trip this year - thinking about saving some money for next year which will be our 20th anniversary and go on an extra special trip. But we will be back in Aruba in Sept. this year....

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there John,

I echo Amy's congratulations on the new job.

Glad to hear you're enjoying retirement; the new gig will put a few extra dollars in your pocket and it sounds like it's something you enjoy doing and that you're good at.

For myself, it goes something like this; I turned 62 back in December. I'm planning to carry on at my job (I'm an accountant with the Government of Canada) for about another 3 years or so.

My health is pretty good, I enjoy what I do and hey, let's be honest here; Maui and Aruba are not cheap and since that's what we like to do, I'll keep getting up at 5:00 am to go to work for the next three years.

Could that all change? Well, I did buy a ticket on tonight's Lotto. First prize $50 million. Just sayin'.

Glenn
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, John! Everyone could use a little mad money these days.

I think you will enjoy Charleston, Amy! I did! It is an interesting city. Be sure to take a horse-drawn carriage tour.

We just planned Christmas at Disney. Wilderness lodge looks pretty cool. My grandson will flip! Plus I can spend Christmas Day with a cousin down there so I can still have my home-cooked Italian meal! I grabbed plane fare at JetBlue the day they came out for $330 each, which I thought was great.

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's gone kind of quiet on here again.

Glenn
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seems like work has been really busy (alot of work trips) and we've booked a couple of trips for ourselves to continue seeing cities in the U.S. that we have never been to before.

We went to Savannah in March. Next week we're flying to Ft. Myers/Sanibel Island for a few days. My sister has a house there so we'll see her while we're there, too - also meeting up with some Aruba friends who now have a house on Sanibel Island so will be good to see them again, too.

And then in May, we're going to a state I've never been to before - New Mexico. Mike has been there a few times for work but not for vacation. We're flying into Albuquerque and then driving to Santa Fe and Taos and staying in that area for awhile, too. Have always wanted to see Santa Fe so really looking forward to this trip.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Corrine - only a few more days until Aruba? And Glenn....you are probably counting down until Hawaii now, too?

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Yes, 27 days till we leave for Maui. Greatly looking forward to it. We'll be there for a month.

We love Aruba very much and we'll be there in October, but Maui has become like a second home for us.

Glenn
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am wrapping things up Amy! I was so busy at work too, I have one more crazy day. I can't wait to get there!

We just planned a trip to Disney at Christmas...... Something else to look forward to!

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrine - have a great trip! Cool

Orrin
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is too quiet for you...... go here:

http://soundbible.com/1882-Football-Crowd.html

Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy- All is well! The weather is mostly sunny, a bit too windy. We are trying some different restaurants this time. It's so good to be back!
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrine wrote:
Amy- All is well! The weather is mostly sunny, a bit too windy. We are trying some different restaurants this time. It's so good to be back!

Cool Cool Cool

We just got back last night from a trip to Sanibel Island and Captiva Island which we really liked . Also met up with some friends who have a house on Sanibel that we met in Aruba - nice getting together with them in the U.S. this time for a little wine and cheese.

Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My in-laws love Sanibel Island! They arrived yesterday so we had dinner together.
I am currently at the airport with a TWO hour delay home. Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> Just Fun!!! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: