Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Too quiet here!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Too quiet here! Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Very quiet here lately! What's up? We just dug out of about 6" of snow. Not too bad considering what they were predicting.
Lets's see... My new boss sucks...
My grandson is turning 4 next month- can't believe it...
Going to Atlantic City in 2 weeks for three days- seriously need the break
Aruba in two months and one week... Amy- I forgot what new restaurants you liked...
Otherwise all is well- how are you guys?

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Corrine,

You are absolutely right; it's been very quiet here on the bb.

Glad to see most of the blizzard passed you by, but you guys were ready.

Here in Winnipeg we had an interesting couple of days. On Tuesday, the regular testing of the city's water supply turned up positive for e-coli bacteria at 6 of 39 sites, so we've had a "boil water advisory" for 2 days. First one in the city's history. It ended at 4:00pm today and it really wasn't an issue for Donna & I but families with children were challenged. It was a minor inconvenience but it made us stop and think about what millions of people around the world face as a way of life.

Ok, what else? Maui in May and Aruba in October. Yes Corrine, you'll find me on the stone bench outside Little Switzerland.

I know you said your new boss, well, you know. Don't look at it as work; consider your job as paid breaks between Aruba and other holidays. Suddenly he/she won't seem that important any more.

Looking forward to see Amy's TR soon.

Super Bowl this weekend. Any Patriots fans on here? Didn't think so.

Have fun everybody.

Glenn
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Corrine and Glenn, yes its pretty quiet around here.

We got about 6" too and they are predicting about 3" for Sunday into Monday. I am already tired of it.

I can't believe your grandson is 4 already, WOW!

Good luck in AC. I am headed to Lancaster, PA for Presidents weekend. I go every year with a few friends. We go to the outlets, I don't really shop that much. It just fun to get together and out of town for a little while.

May take a road trip to SC and GA this spring, still working out the details. Then to AUA in Oct. I will look for Glenn on the stone bench Laughing

Keep warm, supposed to get real cold tonight and into the weekend.

Carol Cool
Orrin
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could use some of that eastern snow. It has been mostly dry and sunny all winter. If we don't get some High-Sierra snow pack soon, there will probably be a water shortage next Summer!

Here in NW Nevada, we depend on the winter snow for all our water needs!

Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you guys! Thanks, Glenn for the pep talk!
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! Seems like the month of January just flew by - and that never happens! LOL!

Yes, trip report....will get it together within the next day or two and send to Melvin.

Corrine - Quinta del Carmen was our favorite new restaurant.

No snow here....and I mean NO SNOW. Just patches on the lawn here and there. It's making it very difficult for alot of outside winter events and festivals. Last weekend at the St. Paul Winter Carnival the ice sculptures were melting. This weekend is the Urban Loppet (cross country skiing over the city lakes) and they had to make snow for some of the trails. Luckily, most of it is over ice but I'd even be afraid to be out on the ice right now. Crazy winter. But our cold weather is coming back as of tomorrow...going from the 40's back to the teens.

We are going to a couple of new places for us in the U.S. for long weekends this spring. Need to see more of our country so we're going to Savannah, GA and New Orleans on a couple of different trips. Have not traveled much in the southern states so this will be new for us.

Looks like Aruba will be in Sept. for a couple of weeks - meeting up with some old friends there that we haven't seen in awhile.

We are staying home for the Super Bowl tomorrow and just having a few friends over for chili and beer. Seattle is our pick (my aunt and uncle live in Seattle and are big Seahawks fans.)

Hope everyone is doing well! We made it through January....couple more months until spring! Cool

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
johntheott
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I have to say; if anyone wants snow, we have as much as you want! The only caveat is you have to come here to take it. We don't deliver!
I suppose most people watched the Superbowl XLIX. I've been around for a long time and have not seen such a dramatic and unusual ending to a football game... EVER! I know the story about inflate/deflategate. etc. But. please remember, professional football is not a sport, it is a business, big business. Funny how all the BS about the above has dropped from the news!! Could it be that the league was trying to psyche the Patriots??
Bill Belichick is not well liked by teams around the league. probably because he wins. Also Tom Brady was supposed to be past his prime and into his dotage. I guess we can put that to rest! I have more but it will have to wait, XP won't let me add any more, Have to dig out my Win7 laptop!

"A Free Spirit On An Endless Flight"

CHARLES-BROUNS Jr.
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was routing for the Seahawks, John! But that was the worst call I have ever seen! He should be fired!!
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrine wrote:
I was routing for the Seahawks, John! But that was the worst call I have ever seen! He should be fired!!

I agree! What was he thinking??? He threw away (literally) the win.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
johntheott
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete Carroll is a good coach. After the juggling catch, that was supposed to be a throw away play to eat up some time. Unfortunately... Even Billie B. makes mistakes... I think... maybe???

Pete's known in Boston, he coached here for three years. Everybody thought he was a nice guy but no control of the team. The front office thought they knew better! When Belichick took over team he insisted on complete control!

Personal story here: my grandson, Brian, worked for the duck boats (parade!) for four years summers while going to school. Not a driver, they have to have a Coast Guard captains ticket to take passengers into the harbor, but sold tickets, etc. He would let others usher on the boats for Sox, Bruins, etc. as long as when the Pats had their parade, he was part of it! He graduated last June! Too bad!!

We are down our summer(?) place now. We keep it open all year to get away where it's peaceful. We use propane for heat and we have a gas delivery scheduled for this week but they don't deliver if the tanks aren't shoveled out. I commented on the snow earlier. So we came down to shovel out!!

We need that delivery! If we run out of gas, the place will freeze up and make a mess out of the plumbing. ...And more snow coming next week!! Oh well, two 80+ year old's will sleep well tonight!!

Gotta stop, this is turning into a blog!! You know, as you get older, you really don't feel older. The bod doesn't work as well as it did but sometimes it's a shock to look in a mirror and say to yourself who is that old person looking back at me!!

Don't sweat it, it happens to us all... if we're lucky!!

CHARLES-BROUNS Jr.
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who is looking at me in the mirror, either! Laughing
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody,

It's a lovely Saturday morning here in Winnipeg. It snowed a little overnight and it's not as cold as it has been. Temps are around -12 Celsius. (Please don't me for it in English. lol)

Looking in the mirror? Well, I could probably be more productive at work if they took the mirror out of the men's washroom on the third floor of our building. If I get something new from Banana Republic and wear it to work, I just can't help myself. If I didn't think my boss would notice I'm not at my desk, I could probably spend hours and hours and, well, you know. Laughing

Kudos to you Corrine for this thread. I think of it as a virtual bb party. Good friends, gathered at a coffee shop with a friendly conversation that goes all over the place.

Only 3 months till Donna and I go to Maui for a month, and 8 months or so , we'll be in Aruba.

That's it from me for now. I'll check back later. Everybody have a great weekend.

Glenn

Cool Cool
johntheott
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to tell you this but it's been snowing off and on since Saturday morning. Off and on to be sure but it has amassed another 18 to 24+ inches! The neighborhood is starting to look like a mouse maze, one car wide and no street parking at all! All public transportation is shut down through tomorrow.

Weather is on the TV, latest count - 71 inches in 17 days! with no thaw in sight and the possibility of another 'significant' storm by Thursday! There must be something better to talk about! Oh yeah, the Sox start Spring training next week!!

CHARLES-BROUNS Jr.
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just back from three days and two nights at the Borgata in Atlantic City. We had a blast! Dinner with the boss and his friends one night, facials and spa, drinks with friends and one of the best comedy shows they've had a while- lot of making fun of Italians from NY, so I was dying! Dinner at Bobby Flay's. The first night we lost a lot , but came back winning a bit back yesterday. How wonderful to get away during this dreary season!
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrine wrote:
Just back from three days and two nights at the Borgata in Atlantic City. We had a blast! Dinner with the boss and his friends one night, facials and spa, drinks with friends and one of the best comedy shows they've had a while- lot of making fun of Italians from NY, so I was dying! Dinner at Bobby Flay's. The first night we lost a lot , but came back winning a bit back yesterday. How wonderful to get away during this dreary season!

Sounds like a fun time Corrine!! I love the Borgata, its always hopping!

Carol Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> Just Fun!!! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: