Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

2nd Best Snorkeling Excursion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: 2nd Best Snorkeling Excursion Reply with quote

Without a doubt Aruba Bob's Snorkeling is the BEST, with those fans pulling me thru the water. We went a good mile trip in the water. Something I could not have done without the fans.. Clearly, I enjoyed Aruba Bobs, and my trip report says it all.

Now I want to go with a non-snorkeler (my wife). Yes she has snorkeled in calm waters but has difficulty with the snorkel. We would like to go on a boat to several spots and make an afternoon out of it. The Jolly Roger boat sounds like fun, swimming and snorkeling and a few drinks.

What other suggestions are there for a nice afternoon on some party snorkeling type boat?

Notice it is close to that time we will leave, just days away....

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the Jolly Pirates? Wink

For an all day sail/snorkel we love the Tranquilo.

For just a morning or afternoon snorkel, our pick is the Octopus.

Both are smaller so they're not packed with people which is what we like.

But if you want more of a social/party atmosphere, then the Jolly Pirates might be what you're looking for.

You're staying at the Radisson, correct? DePalm also has snorkel tours on a large catamaran that leaves from DePalm Pier which is just a stone's throw away from the Radisson.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Amy said, you cannot go wrong with either Jolly Pirates or Tranquilo.

I was looking for an activity to "make a day of it" for my non-snorkeling father and chose Tranquilo. He has never been, but we have been twice before and it is a nice relaxing time out on the water.

Dennis
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I meant Jolly Pirates, I have a friend who's stage name is Jolly Roger...Slip of the mind/fingers.

I am concerned about getting seasick, jumping in the water overcomes that, so I question an all day trip, but I'll look into it.

The Octopus sound interesting.

Yes, I am staying at the Radisson, We may go to an all-day DePalm Island trip again. We relaxed so much last time, we forgot to eat there and go into the gift shop.

Lisa, if the boat is moving after snorkeling, I am OK related to seasickness. It's wen the boat is stopped and the continuous rocking gets to me.

I read up on these four. Thanks. Amy you have been "spot-on" on every answer, so I will definitely be on one of these.

BTW, I went on a DePalm Boat- Island Dinner trip. I assume this isn't the one you are talking about.

Snorkeling at DePalm Island is very good in the morning before the visitors stir up the water.

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the DePalm snorkel tour link:

http://www.depalmtours.com/palm-pleasure-snorkel-adventure

If you have any kind of seasickness, I woud recommend a catamaran (DePalm) or the trimarin (Octopus). These are much more stable than a regular sailboat. We took a group on a sunset cruise on a catamaran by Red Sail every year and that thing was so large and stable that when you walked around you barely felt like you were even on the water - no rocking at all.

Dennis
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palm Pleasure Snorkel Adventure

Wow, Palm Pleasure Snorkel Adventure may be the best because I have the option to SNUBA and my wife can snorkel. Also it is very close by the Radisson, has a nice "Charlie" drink, and a half-day trip, and priced nicely.

Octopus is out, Jolly Pirates may be an alternative trip along with that all day Tranquilo excursion

Mike's Island seems very interesting with the Tranquilo. Looks like a private cove.
This cruise includes:

1. Open Bar
  2. Sandwiches
  3. Fresh fruits
  4. Momâ??s mouthwatering home made Dutch Pea Soup
  5. Snorkel sets
  6. Free lessons

This is going to be a tough choice. Might have to do all three.

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought I would like Dutch Pea Soup but after snorkeling and working up an appetite on the Tranquilo, it is the BEST Dutch Pea Soup ever! I look forward to that soup almost as much as the snorkeling and sailing. Laughing

ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter never liked Pea Soup until she sailed Tranquilo either! Laughing

While the Tranquilo is anchored, always on the inside of the barrier island, you are free to jump over board and even just swim if you are not in the mood to snorkel.

The water is so clear it is like being in a swimming pool! Very Happy

This was an abnormally windy day Sad

dutchdushi
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Dutch and hate peasoup. But....I love the peasoup on the Tranquilo. Also, I never really experienced a lot of boat rocking. The waters are calm most of the time. And snorkeling at Mikes Reef is very comfortable for a newby. I would highly recommend the Tranquilo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: