Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

I'm back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda From Connecticut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: I'm back Reply with quote

Hi Glenn and everyone, I too had to take a unavoidable break from Aruba. So glad you will be back Glenn I know you love to travel.
My last trip was just after the birth of my first granchild 2009. Unfortunately my daughters choice of a husband turned out to be wrong. We have been fighting hard and long for the best life for my grandaughter!! Long story short , if you have no money, don't see your daughter and don't pay child support you still have parental rights?? Well thanks to a friend of mine who is a lawyer and a very understanding judge , and a lot of money spent on legal fees, my daughter now has full custody and we can travel again. We will be back in our favorite place in January. Cool I can not wait to be there
Emily (daughter) has traveled with me to Aruba since she was 10 can't wait to start a new family traditon with Kylie (grandaughter)

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda,

Welcome back. These forced absences from Aruba, whatever their cause, are just life getting in the way. I hope everything works out for your daughter and your granddaughter. In addition to the financial burden this process has placed upon your family, the emotional cost has probably left its mark as well.

Now onto the good stuff, Aruba! After going to Aruba in January for many years, this year we're going in October to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. (Like we need a reason to go back.) In fact we leave four weeks today. We're staying at a small place in Malmok, Aruba Sunset Beach Studios.

A couple of other bb friends are going to be there at the same time. We hope to meet at the Monday late afternoon bb party at the Amsterdam Manor beach bar. Have a look at my thread under "I'll be in Aruba...anybody else".

Ok Linda, now that you know when we're going to be there, you know what you have to do. Lol.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Glenn
Linda From Connecticut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Glen! Well alls well that ends well. Daughter and granddaughter are living with me and we're all happy. Kylie is quite the active 4 year old. I just love having her around, but keeing up is a bit of a challenge.
I'm helping out with babysitting and daughter helps with the bills.
Have a wonderful trip and happy Anniversary.
Linda

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Linda!!!!! Smile

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda, nice to see you back here. Sorry to hear about the trouble's you and yoiur daughter have been through.

I too haven't been to Aruba since 2009, so I am really looking forward to going in about 3 weeks. I will be there the same time as Glenn, so I am looking forward to meeting him.
Countdown time is on!!!

Carol Cool
Linda From Connecticut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: I'm back Reply with quote

Good for you Carol, seems a lot of us have been waiting a lng time to get back to our island. Have a wonderful trip and wish Glen and wife happy anniversary from me. Very Happy
Linda

Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda From Connecticut wrote:
Very Happy Thanks Glen! Well alls well that ends well. Daughter and granddaughter are living with me and we're all happy. Kylie is quite the active 4 year old. I just love having her around, but keeing up is a bit of a challenge.
I'm helping out with babysitting and daughter helps with the bills.
Have a wonderful trip and happy Anniversary.
Linda

I have a similar situation, Linda! Except he is a BOY! Some days I just can't keep up! You will enjoy watching her grow!
So glad you got to enjoy your trip!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: