Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Tropicana; has anybody stayed there yet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Tropicana; has anybody stayed there yet? Reply with quote

Good evening everyone,

Although we won't be going to Aruba this coming year (my wonky colon has seen to that) we are looking forward to going back in 2013.

We are looking at changing our accomodation from The Mill to The Tropicana, if it's open. Has anyone been there yet? If so, any comments?

Another question about the Tropicana; does it have its own pool and pool area, or do guest at Tropicana have to use LaCabana's pool area?

Look forward hearing from anyone whom can share some light on The Tropicana.

Bye for now,

Glenn
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glenn!

They do have their own pool and pool bar. Most of the rooms have not been renovated in awhile though so won't be too new/up to date. That's about all I know - have never stayed there, just know a few people who have and have checked out their pool/bar area.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glenn,

I bought there in 2008 and have yet to stay there. I have been trading my week for CPV. I own there also. Tropicana is slow to react to the renovations, however, when it is complete, it will be very nice. Here is the website. www.troparuba.com

Carol Cool
JohnT
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just one lame personal opinion from someone who never stayed there. From the inception, it never looked attractive or appealing from the main highway. We have gone to the parking area between the developments. That side is slightly better.
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn, I own at LaCabana. I do not recommend the Tropicana! It does not look nice at all yet and they have no amenities except the pool. They are no longer allowed to use LaCabana facilities. THey are still "getting on their feet" kind of. For a few more dollars, I would go to LaCabana or somewhere else!
Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your comments. More than anything, I appreciate your candour.

I checked out a few reviews on TripAdvisor, and most of them were not favourable.

We have the better part of a year till we have to book, so we'll keep looking. I 'm pretty sure we won't be back at The Mill, although that is still possible.

Glenn
JohnT
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered the lower end of the low-rise area?
We stay at Casa Del Mar and Aruba Beach Club.
Although we are owners, we recommend both and I think you might find a decent deal as a rental.

Aside from the resort websites, there is a weekly rental/sale list published by a devoted lady named Kandy. If you don't know of this, I can forward the information.

Glenn
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning John, and everyone else,

Thank you for the info.

As it's still a year away, we are willing to consider just about anything. We'll be looking at Casa del Mar, the Aruba Beach Club, Manchebo, Costa Linda and others.

By all means, please send me the rental info from Kandy.

One thing we've been doing the last few years is staying for 10 days, instead of just in a block of 1 or 2 weeks. As travelling between Winnipeg and Aruba is an all-day adventure, it turned a 7 day holiday into a 5 day holiday; hence we now go for 10 days and have 8 days to actually enjoy Aruba. Not every place will rent for outside the "7 day block"; that's why we may have to look at more than just a few places.

Have a great weekend and Happy New Year! Laughing

Regards,

Glenn
carolrd
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,

Have you thought about CPV. I think you know this is not on the beach, but it is very reasonable and the units are huge and immaculate. There are two pools and the grounds are very pretty. Here is the website.

www.cpvr.com

If you would like any more info about CPV, let me know.

Carol Cool
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aruba Beach Club is a low key quiet place if u like that
ROCK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: OUTDATED NEED A REFIT Reply with quote

I would stay far away from that place, reminds me of the patriots defense . very unreliable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: