Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Driving to Baby Beach

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanNic44
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Driving to Baby Beach Reply with quote

For those interested in seeing how to drive to Baby Beach, or if you just want a look at drive from the edge of San Nicolaas all the way to this favorite spot on the southern end of the island, here's a link to my latest video:

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/driving-to-baby-beach-aruba-2/

Now you have directions and will know exactly how to get there. I'll be doing a few for the way back, showing how to get into and out of San Nicolaas.

Bon dia.

JohnT
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your driving videos are great. Without it, we would never have found The Sultan in September. I think the video to Zeerover actually came out around the time we were there. We knew the general location, but video or another description that said "turn right at Subway" made it so much easier to get there. Then there was the info about the neighboring statue of Betico Croes. Great!

Next year, we'll find the Hollywood Smokehouse based on your info!

I'm not sure I have ever visited the streets where Hollywood Smokehouse is located. I'm sort of a map person. I could reason out the location if I can see a map. I have to get a reference from the tourist area of the island to get there directly...or we should just put it on the list as coming back from Baby Beach.

One way or another (for 20+ years), we have always found our way to Charlie's when we wanted to go there. We have often parked by the laundry. I know some people have reported problems with chollers. Do you think that area is not so good to leave a car?

SanNic44
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnT,

I've never had any trouble with the "chollers" or anyone else. There's an old timer (from Cuba/90+ years old) who sometimes sits by the laundry keeping an eye on the cars. I toss him a couple of guilders now and then because he makes me laugh and is an interesting guy.

If you go straight down main street, past charlies to the end, turn left, go two short blocks, and look left, you'll see Hollywood. Parking right there.

Enjoy and be well.

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanNic44 wrote:
I've never had any trouble with the "chollers" or anyone else. There's an old timer (from Cuba/90+ years old) who sometimes sits by the laundry keeping an eye on the cars. I toss him a couple of guilders now and then because he makes me laugh and is an interesting guy.

Same for us. And we always see that same old man by the laundry, too, and usually give him a buck or two...just cuz. Wink

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: