Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

1st Time Visitor ** Need Non-AI advice for hotel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseyLinds

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: 1st Time Visitor ** Need Non-AI advice for hotel Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

I have been stalking United Airlines website for months and have finally found a free flight using our miles to Aruba Smile My husband and I will staying from July 2-8th 2015.
We are in search of a reasonable place to stay (not an all inclusive) for approximately $120/night. We would prefer somewhere near or on the beach within walking distance to restaurants and bars.
Some of the places I have found online include: Aruba Breeze Condo, MVC Eagle Beach, Holiday Inn, Blue Residences, Carinas Studio Apartments. Can anyone provide insight on any of these locations or any that I have missed?? We are both in our young 30s w/ no kids yet. We love the beach and consider ourselves to be "foodies". I get a little nervous when I read about how crowded Palm beach can get. Will we run into any problems finding a place to sit on the beach if we are not booked at one of the high rises? Or can we expect Aruba in July to be somewhat less crowded?

Any suggestions and guidance would be much appreciate Very Happy
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

July shouldn't be too bad - definitely not a crowded as high season which runs from mid-Dec. through mid-April. I would probably pick the Holiday Inn or MVC because they both have beach access and their own beach chairs, etc. for guests.

Holiday Inn is much more of a full service resort with restaurants, bars, etc. and also walkable to alot of activity and restaurants in the Palm Beach area.

MVC is a very small hotel (19 rooms) located across the street from Eagle Beach and they have their own beach attendant to help you with beach chairs. Eagle Beach will be much quieter since the hotels are much smaller and not as many but there will not be alot to walk to in the area. The bus stop is right by MVC though and you can easily take it to Palm Beach in one direction or downtown in the other direction (about a 10 minute bus ride.)

If you want something on the beach and within walking distance to alot of restaurants, etc. I would probably go with the Holiday Inn.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
JerseyLinds

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Amy!
Lenny
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holiday Inn is in a great location. We have stayed there many times, and will be again in April. AI is available if you want it, even on a per diem basis. But there are dozens of restaurants in walking distance. There are 3 towers to stay in, we prefer the Bonaire or Aruba towers. The Curacao tower was renovated 2 years ago and has a new pool, but is not as convenient as the other 2 towers. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We have stayed there about 10 times. Get a IHG card, and receive 15% off in the restaurants and bars on the property. Use it to book your stay and get some major points.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/rewardsclub/home

Motor RN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are heading to Aruba in a few weeks. We are staying for 1 week at Marriott Ocean Club and then 3 more days at MVC Eagle Beach. The Ocean Club on Palm Beach is very nice, but the beach is crowded. Eagle Beach is not crowded at all. Staying at MVC is like staying at a little European hotel. It has alot of charm. Have never stayed at HI. If it were my choice, I'd pick MVC, hands down!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: