Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

MiDushi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lumberinc
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: MiDushi Reply with quote

Just got our confirmation from the Mi Dushi people on our snorkel adventure. I remember reading a while back that something happened to their other ship. Anyone know the details? They sent me a photo that looks quite nice of the new catamaran-type ship that they are now launching. (please excuse me if this is old news-just starting to catch up) Can't wait 'til we try it out. Has anyone used the new ship? We have used the Mi Dushi once before about 6 years ago and loved it. I was going to paste the photo here but forgot how... Embarassed

johntheott
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Mi Dushi used to moor behind the Tamarinj Resort in the early nineties. We stayed at the Tam in Bld. 1500 in 1993 and it was still there at that time. The following year, they moved up to Palm Beach, they had a deal with the Tam and we snorkeled at a discount price and had a very good time!

Sometime in the next year or so there was a problem and it sank! I don't remember ever hearing the full story but, if you're interested, the Nautilus sub visits the wreck as part of its regular tour. A 'new' vessel of the same type and vintage was introduced and took over. We haven't been on it but I assume it visits the same sites!

I suppose it was inevitable that they are going to the catamaran type but we'll miss the old gaff rigged ketch with the logo on the mainsail. 'Mi Dush'i, 'My Sweet'!!

"A Free Spirit On An Endless Flight"

CHARLES-BROUNS Jr.
ScubaBOS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember Mi Dushi sinking, but the original Jolly Pirates did catch on fire while anchored near the airport, riding out a storm. The Atlantis sub does visit the wreck on occasion.

The original Mi Dushi was replaced a few years ago by another, virtually identical boat. The "new" boat was one-year older than the "old" boat. Originally the boat was brown, but then they painted it white.

This past Spring, they replaced their sail boat with a party boat, similar to the old Tattoo boat that moored near the Westin. A day or two after she was launched, and before she went into service, someone cuts the mooring lines in the middle of the night, and the new boat drifted off. It was finally located about 2 weeks later near the coast of Columbia.

The last I heard was that they were trying to get it back to Aruba. I haven't heard if it's back.

They still have the sailboat, but it's not in the water.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: