Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Questions about Aruba Restaurants/Bars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjay22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Questions about Aruba Restaurants/Bars Reply with quote

This is Part II of a three part series... Wink

1. Is Bugaloe the best place for a casual lunch on Palm Beach (a fish sandwich, cocktails, water views)?

2. Whereâ??s the best place to grab lunch around Baby Beach - Kaminiâ??s Kitchen/Costa Riba (for take-out to bring back to the beach), Big Mommaâ??s or Rum Reef?

3. 2 Fools and a Bull appears to be sold out the week I'm on-island. Do you know if they maintain a Wait List, or do I just have to call at 3:00p every day to check for cancellations?

4. Approximately how much are both a glass of wine and the full wine pairing at 2 Fools (for ex., I see the pairing at Carte Blanche is $75/person)? Iâ??m trying to guesstimate the bar tab, if I'm lucky enough to get in.

5. Are Barefoot Restaurant, Pinchos Grill & Bar and Marandi too similar to eat at three nights out of a one week vacation? If that is the case, which do you prefer?

6. Are no-see-ums/sand fleas ever an issue when dining on an Aruban beach at sunset (e.g. Barefoot, Passions, Flying Fishbone, etc)?

7. I believe I read the SandBar at Bucati & Tara is for resort guests-only (I will not be a guest, but would like to grab a sunset cocktail). Is this true and enforced?

8. Is DeliFrance (in the Certified Mega Mall) the best place to get sandwiches for a picnic (between Druif and Arashi)?

Again, thank you for sharing your expertise!
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a couple of answers!
1a I personally think Bugaloe has the best food to have a casual lunch or dinner on Palm a beach! Plus check their website for live music!
5- they are similar but so what?? You're on the beach watching the sunset in Aruba! I prefer a Barefoot - it is perfect!
6- no sand fleas in Aruba!

That's from me! Our experts will everything else!

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Aruba Restaurants/Bars Reply with quote

cjay22 wrote:
This is Part II of a three part series... Wink

1. Is Bugaloe the best place for a casual lunch on Palm Beach (a fish sandwich, cocktails, water views)?

2. Whereâ??s the best place to grab lunch around Baby Beach - Kaminiâ??s Kitchen/Costa Riba (for take-out to bring back to the beach), Big Mommaâ??s or Rum Reef?

3. 2 Fools and a Bull appears to be sold out the week I'm on-island. Do you know if they maintain a Wait List, or do I just have to call at 3:00p every day to check for cancellations?

4. Approximately how much are both a glass of wine and the full wine pairing at 2 Fools (for ex., I see the pairing at Carte Blanche is $75/person)? Iâ??m trying to guesstimate the bar tab, if I'm lucky enough to get in.

5. Are Barefoot Restaurant, Pinchos Grill & Bar and Marandi too similar to eat at three nights out of a one week vacation? If that is the case, which do you prefer?

6. Are no-see-ums/sand fleas ever an issue when dining on an Aruban beach at sunset (e.g. Barefoot, Passions, Flying Fishbone, etc)?

7. I believe I read the SandBar at Bucati & Tara is for resort guests-only (I will not be a guest, but would like to grab a sunset cocktail). Is this true and enforced?

8. Is DeliFrance (in the Certified Mega Mall) the best place to get sandwiches for a picnic (between Druif and Arashi)?

Again, thank you for sharing your expertise!

1. yes (we think so anyway)
2. We like Costa Riba. Have only had drinks at Rum Reef but wouldn't hesitate to try a lunch there next time.
3. yes, 2 Fools does keep a wait-list and will contact you if there are cancellations for the date or dates you're available.
4. You do not have to do the full wine pairing at 2 Fools. They charge you by the glass so if you like the glass with course #2, for example, and want another glass of that or if you're still finishing and not ready for another glass, no worries. They just charge you fpr what you drink. Most glasses run anywhere from $8-$12/glass depending on the wine.
5. I think all are good choices. I would check their menus online on their websites and see what you think.
6. Have never had any issues unless there has been an unusual amount of rain within the last day or so.
7. yes, it's true and enforced. However, if you eat at their restaurant, Elements, you are allowed to drink at their bar but they do not take cash - credit cards only.
8. yes

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
cjay22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks again, Amy!
ScubaBOS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best place for lunch around Baby Beach is Charlie's Bar in San Nicolas. Not technically near Baby Beach but it's a good place to stop while you're in the area.
Mistimoop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7. You can also sit at the Sand Bar at Bucuti if you're an invited guest of a guest of the resort. I did that last year for a few friends that stay down the beach but wanted to come have Happy Hour at "my place." Still not a fan of the rule, but I will give it another chance starting next week!

aaahruba

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Questions about Aruba Restaurants/Bars Reply with quote

Regarding Kamini's Kitchen at Costa Riba. She's not there anymore and opened a place in San Nicolas. Not sure how the Costa Riba food is now.

Here's a link to the new place - I THINK currently only open for takeaway.

https://www.facebook.com/KaminisKitchen
JohnT
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding #5: We had a good experience at Pincho's last year...and that was for a party of 10. Can't speak about the others.
Regarding #6: We had one buggy experience at FF and have not rushed to return. Aruba is generally not buggy, but we decided to take some bug-spray this year with the news about a couple mosquito-borne illnesses that are spreading in the Caribbean. Just my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: