Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

That was a good Thing you did Melvin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron B

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: That was a good Thing you did Melvin Reply with quote

It has been a while since I have posted here. I know what happened on the other Board. In all my years on all the different boards I have been a member of I have never seen one board Leader have to go to another board to deal with some nonsense . Melvin I give you much respect and props for what you did on the other Aruba board. Now I have been a member of both boards for over 10 years and I know the former sister board has many personalities and they often clash over the most mundane things and this happened to be one of them. But for you to do what you did that took courage and I compliment you. I am glad I am a member of this board and look forward to posting more as I am in the early stages of planning a trip to Aruba in mid to late june.

I have always felt that this board was the most Aruba like as it is so laid back and rarely if ever have I seen or been in heated discussions ( unless it was politics) which I am glad has stopped but the other board although they have more members and they have more discussions on topics .They have a bunch of people who for what ever reason have a tendency to stir the pot. The main man should have known better but he let go on for 2 different threads which I see he deleted finally. All I can say is Melvin Keep up the good work. Cool

Hawklords
artdorko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Melvin. I, too, have tended to spend more time on that board & not this one. That has now changed. The hate that was spewing over there was almost tangible. Action should have been taken 2 years ago.
ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see what Melvin did, but Mindy summed it up well when she said, "hate that was spewing over there was almost tangible". I don't even look at the forum, but did after I was alerted by a friend as to what was going on.

That kind of venom Crying or Very sad is the exact reason why I stopped frequenting that forum years ago. Sad If I wanted to deal with the "wild, wild, west" I would head to Tombstone, AZ. Wink Confused

Life is way too short! Smile

Sandra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been on any board lately, but today I thought, let me take a peek and I see they are cooling off.

Ah well, nice to see things are still groovy over here.
ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Shut down an entire forum ???
johntheott
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I missed the whole thing! ...Or maybe I'm not sorry at all. I've been a member of various boards since the middle 90's and have gravitated to this one and the 'other' one as I lost interest in the rest.

I've taken my share of flames over the years for what I thought were innocuous comments and know several people who have dropped off the boards for this reason. That's a shame!

Anyway, Richard has temporarily closed his board to let people 'cool down.' I'm sure when it is reactivated, the offending posts will have been deleted.

Lets all be nice to each other!!

"A Free Spirit On An Endless Flight"

CHARLES-BROUNS Jr.
qlaval
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArubaLisa wrote:
Laughing Laughing Shut down an entire forum ???

Whoaaa.... Shocked
The entire Forum instead of calming the ones who deserved it?
Maybe its just me but its like killing wolves with a tank...

rla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to this board but since I don't intend to go back to the other one, I guess this is my new "Aruba" home."
Melvin Trost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all!
I could not resist to post a message on Richard's board this time. Amy and Mike are my friends for so long (I name Mike as my American brother) and I hate if nasty gossip goes around. I would say: get a life of your own!

I don't understand why it happens? we all like Aruba, the laid back atmosphere of the island. We all have different opinions and taste... that's the fun part of a Forum. Share experiences and fun.
ls721

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belong to both boards, but this board always did seem more kind and gentle.

I too have fallen victim to harsh remarks on the other board, most recently just a month or so ago regarding a car rental.

Prior to that bashing on the restaurant review section several years ago and never did post there again.

The postings here seem more calm.
ArubaLisa
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Melvin.

ls721 wrote:
I too have fallen victim to harsh remarks on the other board, most recently just a month or so ago regarding a car rental.

Prior to that bashing on the restaurant review section several years ago and never did post there again.

You are not alone, in the past I had voiced some of my experiences and was bashed for not drinking the kool-aid and falling in line. It has gotten worse over the years.

The mob mentality over there rules whether or not you are permitted to voice your opinion. If you are in the "clique" then you can say what ever you feel. If the "ruling class" does not approve, you will be bashed. Sad

It was easier to leave than be aggravated by it. They obviously know so much more than you or I? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Lenny
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean there is another Aruba forum? Wink
johntheott
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melvin, you must know that in any large group of people there will be those who get their jollies from being disruptive. I suppose that the more they 'stir things up' the happier they feel.

I intend to continue to post on both boards as long as I feel that I'm either being supportive or instructive and will ignore the trash masters as much as possible. I'm sure Richard feels bad about what happened (whatever it was,) and I refuse to be intimidated by a few kooks!

I concur with what you did and salute you for it!

Here's to more and better posting!!

"A Free Spirit On An Endless Flight"

CHARLES-BROUNS Jr.
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what happened, but yes - this is the best board I have ever seen! Melvin and Amy are the best and everyone on here is so nice, funny and always helpful!
Thank you all!

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melvin is the best!!! (He is my Dutch brother-in-law Laughing ....and a great friend!)

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: