Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

New Bucuti Policy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: New Bucuti Policy Reply with quote

The Bucuti has instituted a new policy to provide exclusive bar service to their hotel and restaurant guests only.

So if you're taking a stroll down the beach and the Sand Bar looks like a nice place to stop for a drink.....you cannot drink there unless you are staying at the Bucuti or have been invited there by a hotel guest.

The beach is still public (all beaches in Aruba are public) but ALL of their resort facilities are private property and for their guests' use only going forward.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
Mistimoop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure I'm loving this new policy and I stay there ever year. While I can understand a little bit why they instituted it (there are some days its so packed at happy hour you can't find a seat but that's what makes it fun!), it just seems a bit far-fetched to exclude non-guests. I have made so many friends at the Sand Bar from surrounding resorts who come for Happy Hour. I think this new rule will make for a more quiet happy hour... Crying or Very sad

phillyboater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect other resort beach bars will profit by this policy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistimoop i totally agree and i am at the abc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never in my feedback on the new SandBar policy for guests only...I stayed there (Trip # 8) from 2/7-2/17 this year and I can honestly say that I hated the lack of people at Happy Hour. In past years, yes we would leave the beach by 3:45 p.m. to grab a seat at the bar and it would be packed, but it was FUN and through the years I made friends with sooo many people, not only from Bucuti but the surrounding resorts that would come for the BEST happy hour in the area.

This was my second trip going on my own and while I am more than social and did chat with some guests I didn't know, I missed spending time with my Aruba friends. Some did come walking by and I invited them to come join me as my guest but they declined as they had been turned away before I had arrived. And I can't say that I blame them.

They also used to put out chafing dishes of small appetizers out, which was a nice touch. I thought that with a smaller crowd, when they came out, the food would last a bit longer and go farther. Twice we got one, yes one, chicken wing in a small bowl to snack on. Not that this is a deal breaker by any means, but since they are catering to guests, why not have something to encourage them to stay longer. Most "newer" guests came, had a drink and left. I like to stay the whole time. I found myself showering to go out for the night, stopping by for a couple of drinks around 5 (with plenty of seat choices when I arrived) then leaving to spend my money where my friends were staying down the beach.

I did convey my disappointment to management and also said that I felt bad mostly for the bartenders, all of whom have been there since I have been going there, as they weren't making money like they used to. I was told that wasn't true at all, but common sense (and classes from college - finally they came in handy) tell me that if the people aren't there, neither is the money. And I would cringe (again for the bartenders) as people came to the bar when they had to ask if they were staying at the resort and then have to turn them away if they were not. They took the brunt of the frustration even though they were just doing as they were told.

I'm hoping down the road this policy changes...Sorry this was so long!

~Amy~®

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long at all - I always like alot of details! Cool

Thanks for the update! I have been wondering how the new policy was working out. Maybe down the road they'll change it back..... Rolling Eyes

jude

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame. Looks like you used to have fun that's too bad. At. Abc. We have 3. Happy hours a day. And we have a ball. I would hate those rules. Sad
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I would understand the rules if they were giving away a lot for free.
Everyone knows that drink prices are inflated...and 2 for 1 at some time is common at almost every bar.
I cannot see where they would be doing MORE business with this policy.
Just my opinion. We don't stay at Bucuti, but used to wander over there at least once during our weeks.

Lenny
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big deal, plenty of other places to spend disposable income.
stats
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have stayed there for all of our trips and and it was packed seating everyday right before 4pm. I thought it most all of the people at the bar were bucuti guests, but i guess not. On one side, it will be nice to not have to hurry up and reserve a seat before 4pm, but on the other, it could have an affect on overall tips for bartenders..
Bargamon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved my week there. Don't remember happy hour. Bucuti to me is for peace and quiet and the bar as i recall was very chill.

I get the views of wanting more "fun" at the bar and I suppose there are plenty of other places that can do that.

I applaud Bucuti for protecting the peace and solitude that makes it so appealing to a certain cliental.

We talking about just one hour a day right?
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bargamon wrote:
We talking about just one hour a day right?

Well, no...it would be all day/all night, every day/night that no one can use their bar unless you're staying at the Bucuti.

Mistimoop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say that in past years that the atmosphere when outside people were allowed was a "party" atmosphere, there were just actually bodies filling up the chairs and it was a nice couple of hours to socialize, meet & greet, etc. I made a bunch of friends from surrounding resorts that way. Of course, if I'm in the mood for a more "party" atmosphere its not an issue to head down the beach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: