Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Tipping Airport Assistance?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Tipping Airport Assistance? Reply with quote

This year I might need to use either the "Golf Cart" or a "Wheel chair" to get between terminals in Charlotte. I twisted my knee.

Do you tip the people that assist you? And how much?
Edna Smith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I require a wheel chair at any airport when I travel and always tip the attendant.
carlysgram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary, I've used the wheelchair/attendant on our last trip. Ken always gives the "driver" a tip, and the amount is determined on how far they have to push me.
JohnT
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately, I use a wheeled-walker (rollator) for distances. Airports have long concourses that make this necessary.

Some places have been very good...move us to the front of the line as handicapped. This summer in transit in Houston and San Francisco, attendants made sure we got on the "golf cart" to make it across the airport. I gave them a couple dollars. On the way back, no one made an effort and we walked. I don't consider myself totally disabled, but I appreciate any help that makes travel easier.

I think if I needed a wheelchair, I would feel obliged to tip more.

In October, it was my wife (who usually walks 3 miles a day) who was feeling poorly as we flew to Canada for a cruise. She got a wheelchair in Montreal which was a godsend. It is a complex situation...going through customs and immigration, picking up luggage, getting back in line, depositing luggage for a domestic flight to Quebec City. So we have Sandy in a wheelchair, yours truly with a rolling walker. The young woman who guided us through the endless corrdors and got us in the proper lines was invaluable. I hope that what we gave her for her time and help was adequate. I assume she is paid "minimum wage" by the airline or airport authority, but that was not enough in this case.

johntheott
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually start at $5.00 and will go up or down(?) depending on the amount of service, courtesy and/or time involved. A lot depends on how my carry on 'stuff' is handled going through security.

Note: The attendant returning from last trip to Aruba told me the airport was working on a separate entrance for US bound travelers to avoid going through Aruban security before facing TSA and customs!!

"A Free Spirit On An Endless Flight"

CHARLES-BROUNS Jr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: