Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

25th trip to Aruba

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kent
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: 25th trip to Aruba Reply with quote

I got here Saturday for my 25th trip. I flew Air Tran from Indy to Orlando and then to Aruba. I paid $166 each way so I paid the upgrade to go first class. That was very nice and we landed in Aruba 20 minutes early. That was a sweet way to start the trip!!! I came alone this time because my wife and son are still moving trees and fertilizing lawns in Indiana and someone has to stay home to do the work! Ha! Ha!

Saturday night was at ZeeRovers and if you likje peeling shrimp and seeing the fish brought in, you need to go there. Its just a local spot but very good food with a great veiw and a sunset because you are right on the water. Sunday night was at Sultans which is another favorite local place and its close to the airport.

I am staying for nine days this trip and I am staing at Club Arias. I went snorkling everynight and everyday so far. The water has been calm and no rain so far.

I had some cousins came in on the cruise ship yesterday so I took all 6 of them around the Island and then on a snorkle. We seen a turtle that we could pet the shell and it was very nice. We then came back to club Arias and Chef Gabriel made us several kinds of pizzas and wings and it was great!!! He does the BEST pizza on the Island by far. I then took 4 of them back to the boat and the 2 brave ones wanted to go snorkling. We seen a spotted eagle ray and several more interesting things. We even got a few lobsters so we can have a cook out. At 10 last night I took the 2 brave night snorklers back to the boat and I picked up my parents at the airport. They are in their mid 70's and have never been to Aruba. 15 years ago I took them to Cayman Islands and they seem to keep talking about that so I thought while they are still active, I need to bring them to Paradice!!! They own 2 condos in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida so they spend 6 or 7 months there so they took the direct flight from Miami on AA.

I have already met so many peop[le from the boards and I have several more lined up to meet and its a joy to meet so many nice people who keep coming back to Aruba just like me. I will keep you posted on my trip. Kent

If you want to go on the #1 tour on Aruba, according to trip advisor!

June 2015 will be trip 47 and Nov 2015 will be 48 trips to Paradise!

Snorkeling at Mangel Halto, day or night, using "bladefish water scooters", reasonable pricing, all equip provided and transport from your resort. Also free pics.Email Kent Gerber at kentgerber@adamswells.com or Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call local: 745-7459 or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kent - sounds like you're having fun! Cool

By the way, please read your private messages on this board - I sent you a message/info regarding snorkeling. Thanks!

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
JohnT
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did both Zeerover and The Sultan when we were there in September.
Agree with Kent...reasonable, not fancy places to eat, just plentiful good food, patronized by Aruba residents...like $30 for 2 for fish, fries, beer and soda at Zeerover, under $40 for 2 at The Sultan (platter, soda and beer).
We just had barracuda at Zeerover...next time we'll do shrimp and fish.
At Sultan, we had a great sampler platter for two.

dutchdushi
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent, thanks for the update. I hope your parents love Aruba as much as we all do. Enjoy the snorkeltrip with Larry and Lynn tomorrow!
macylane4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Aruba Reply with quote

Hi! We are heading to Aruba for the first time on Saturday! I saw you said something about a boat....where did you get the boat? Do you own it, or do you rent it? We live in Fl, and my husband grew up fishing, so would really like a boat in Aruba, and since we have never been there, we don't know the best route to take!!!
Your help is really appreciated!!
kent
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really failed to keep you posted this week but it flew by!! Tuesday night was Barefoot Bar and grill and the caribean grouper nis to die for. It has a mango sauce and creem cheese on top. WOW!!!
Wed was Mademm Janetts and the almound crusted grouper is the best. Thurseday was Gianees and it was great. Friday was Pizza Bobs and I love that place. Just alittle slow. Sat was the last night so we cooked out at Club Arias and we had fresh fish and lobster that we caught the nights before. It doesn't get better than that.

My parents are mis 70's and they just worked here at Club Arias all week. My Dad biult shelves and a wash table to clean the waterscooters off when we are done with them. He also made us a nice table to clean fish on that we caught. My Mom loves to paint so she painted things here at Club Arias all week.

They did go in the swimming pool twice. I did get my Dad to go snorkling with me. He really did good. He snorkled once in his like. About 15 years ago we took them to Cayman island and they loved it.

They flew home yesterday and I was also suppose to go but my lovely wife told me its raining at home and there was no way I could plant trees so she talked me into staying 3 more days. I just said: YES MAM!!

I will go to the Bb party tonight so hope there is alot of people there. Kent

Snorkeling at Mangel Halto, day or night, using "bladefish water scooters", reasonable pricing, all equip provided and transport from your resort. Also free pics.Email Kent Gerber at kentgerber@adamswells.com or Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call local: 745-7459 or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com
Sasha
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent did you fly Airtran from FLA to Aruba? I have never seen that option out of Indianapolis. After our fiasco with US Air this year I am looking to fly with another airline next year for sure!
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I flew from Indy to Orlando then to Aruba on Air tran. $166 one way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: