Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Aruba weather

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yaofeng
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Aruba weather Reply with quote

This is going to be a typical rainy season pattern which rains locally and sometimes heavily. Yesterday was a good example. I was on the east side of the island as usual. It was dry the entire day. There was not a single drop of rainfall. I was completely oblivious to the heavy down pour on the western part of the island during the day. Even some schools were closed because of flooding.

I saw evidence of rain only when I drove to Marandi for dinner and saw some flooding. The rainfall drove many flying insects out from hiding.

BTW if you love cheese like I do you can order a cheese platter in Marandi even though it is not on the menu. After dinner I had the urge to have cheese with a glass of cognac. I told the waiter to ask the chef if he can make a cheese platter for me. The chef happily obliged with a cheese and fruit platter for the price of a regular appetizer.

Last edited by yaofeng on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos at the following link of flooding at the airport yesterday during the downpour:
http://www.awe24.com/20111013/8686/Airport_a_yena_cu_awa_y_algun_vuelo_a_cancela_trahadornan_mes_ta_purba

The cheese and fruit platter for dessert sounds great!

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
Corrine
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No!
yaofeng
Aruba Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today it was the turn of the eastern part of the island to get doused in the afternoon. Again I was in the office the entire day I did not realize until I went outside after work. There were a lot of puddles.

I don't know if the west side also got doused. I didn't get that far. An Aruban friend who stopped by the office we counted the restaurants from the refinery going west. She was surprised I did not know Zeerover in Savaneta having been to the island 10 years. So we went tonight.

Zeerover is really not a restaurant strictly speaking. Service is minimal. You buy food (seafood) and they cook for you. I drove by it all the time seeing cars parked in front of it I thought people were just buying fish off of the fishing boats that come in.

The establishment is very no nonsense. Kitchen closes at 8PM. 7:45PM is the last order. You take what they have for the day. The later you go the less selection there is. Depending on the size of your group, the seller weighs the fish, or shrimps, or whatever is available in the ice chest. He'll ask you if you want french fries, fried banana, or pan bati. You pay for the order. He gives you a piece of paper with your order number written on it. Next you go to a separate counter to buy drinks, relax and wait for you food to come.

I ordered two pieces of Mahi Mahi and too much shrimp, plus french fries and fried bananas for the two of us. The entire selection came in a big basket, a fork and a plate for each person. The fork is really redundant. You just dig in with your hand. There is a wash basin right in the middle of the eating area. While you are eating, fish is being cleaned and bartered around you not very far away.

Everything is fried, I suspect by the order. But it is fresh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: