Aruba Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Aruba Forum
the One Happy Bulletin Board!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have put a question to the Aruba bulletin board, you can choose to be notified via email when a reply has been posted. If you want, you can upload a picture of yourself, or any other (decent!) picture you choose from your own computer. If you want to check other Aruba bulletin board member's opinions about a certain question, you can start your own poll. You can also send another member a personal message (PM).
All you need to do is register. As a registered member you can use the features mentioned above and many others. We hope you have fun and hope to see you often on our Aruba Bulletin Board.

Join us on Facebook

Laptop Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Laptop Question Reply with quote

I never took any computer devices anywhere but now with Skype I hear you can bring your laptop and call home (USA) for free on it so my question is If I have a room that has free wireless(AT the Westin) and I have a wireless laptop how do I hook up in the room also are all the rooms free wireless and if not then how much does it usually cost to get it in the room and again how to get on line?I'm not that good on the computer but I can e mail! I usually walk to the Holiday Inn and email the family (They have computers that you put the cash in them just like a slot machine)
~Amy~®

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how the Westin works but we stay at Amsterdam Manor who has free Wifi for their guests. We just turn our laptop on and look for the Wifi connection on the screen through Amsterdam Manor - click on it and we're "in". Very simple.

Playa del Carmen, MX - March 2017
34th trip to Aruba - May 2017
Munich, Salzburg, Prague - June/July 2017
35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018
dutchdushi
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at the Westin right now. It is the third time we bring our laptop, and this year my iPad. I'm typing this right now on the balcony. It is quite simply. You put on your laptop and click on tbe internet. It automatically directs you to the Westin sign in. You can select different pland. You choose the 24 hour free of charge on and follow the procedures. You have to fill in the name on your booking and roomnumber. Don't forget to check on the "I do agree" box. Now you are on for 24 hours (have to do this again every 24 hours). If you want to use is to call home via the internet for free, you download Skype. That one will get you through the things you need to do easily as well.

I have elderly parents who I Skype with while being on Aruba. We do that through the videocall so we can see eachother. Only thing I have to think about is the 6 hours time difference.

As you see, I can even keep up with you all before breakfast every morning. I download my home newspaper and read it on the beach. Travelling became much more comfortable for me in this way. But I am hooked on internet, news and being in touch.

Enjoy your stay here. Westin is in great shape, beach is huge and lovely.
dutchdushi
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and by the way, all rooms have free internet. So it won't cost you a nickle.
Angelina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchdushi wrote:
Oh, and by the way, all rooms have free internet. So it won't cost you a nickle.
It does sound easy,I just bought a notebook(Much smaller than my laptop) and did download skype in it now all I have to do is learn how to call,LOL I also have someone home I want to stay in touch with so I'm bringing it,Thank You all so much,I'm a nervous Nelly and you all make it sound so easy.
dutchdushi
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, it is very easy.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you added time/$ to your account yet.
dutchdushi
Aruba Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use wifi, you don't need money on your account is you call to another computer, only if you want to call to a phone you need to do that.
Angelina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchdushi wrote:
If you use wifi, you don't need money on your account is you call to another computer, only if you want to call to a phone you need to do that.
OH Thanks!
Im calling to another computer and if I have a problem,LOL at least I can e mail!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aruba Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: